Set eggs February 12th! Hatch a long with me!

Candled my eggs last night and I think about 70% of them looked to be developing. Having a hard time with some of the ameraucauna eggs. Look almost like no light is shining through. Is that normal?
My other hatch in my friends bator is going well with 8 of 11 cream legbars and 9 of 11 swedish flower hens developing. We will see!

Ok, I like the list of what's in the bator with updates, so right now I have:

Swedish flower hens: start: 11, now 9
Cream Legbar: start 11, now 8
Ameraucauna: start 13, now 11
Blue laced Red wyandotte: start 3, now 2
Silver spangled hamburg: start 2, now 2
Polish: start 4, now 2
Sizzles: start 19, now 14

Grand total: start 63, now 48

That is from memory, so next time I candle I'll have to update exactly.
This helps me keep track anyway!

Well this sucks. Just the other day I had 18, now I have 11!!! UGH! Once this batch is over I am buying an incubator.

I candled all of my 18 eggs on Sunday. All but 3 look to be developing!
celebrate.gif
One of the three I don't even think has an embryo. It looks dark orange/red, but no embryo or veins. I still kept it in the incubator though. I did get pictures of my candling and will be uploading some soon. I cleaned out some of the coop today (the way my coop is set up there are two seperate rooms: the chickens part, and the storage part where feed, cages and other chicken related items are stored). I cleaned out the storage part today and I am making room to put a brooder for some of the newly hatched chicks. Only 12 more days!
big_smile.png

Pics??
pop.gif

Ok, I like the list of what's in the bator with updates, so right now I have:

Swedish flower hens: start: 11, now 9
Cream Legbar: start 11, now 8
Ameraucauna: start 13, now 11
Blue laced Red wyandotte: start 3, now 2
Silver spangled hamburg: start 2, now 2
Polish: start 4, now 2
Sizzles: start 19, now 14

Grand total: start 63, now 48

That is from memory, so next time I candle I'll have to update exactly.
This helps me keep track anyway!
Nice breeds! Did you buy the eggs?

This one is @ everybody!

I bought 2 incubators (LG's Still Air) both with turners for 100.00 from a guy off CL. So now I have 4 bators
hide.gif
. It took me all of 2 days to fill them so now I technically have my original 21 brown mutt eggs in one, 19 mutt bantam eggs in another, and 41 brown mixed in the third.
In the meantime, I have 10 Ameracauna/EE chicks on hold for the 2nd, brought home 8 four day old BR's today and am doing a trade for a bantam cochin on saturday.

I think I am SICK!! Spring fever has taken hold......HELP!! Am I all alone in this?? I need therapy....I have chickens on the brain.
yippiechickie.gif

I have no idea!!! There is no blood ring or anything, I am thinking it is the temperature as this stupid thing varies so much. I check them at night, they are all wiggling around and then in the morning some are gelatinous blobs (gross I know). I cracked them open and it was so neat to see (although wish they would have lived!) they had beaks and wings and feet/toes. Poor chickies.
So, down to 11 and we are only on day 10. I am going to buy a Brinsea mini advance once these are done and then try incubating in that as this is just not going well for me.

ETA about your second post, I wish I that had many eggs as I obviously epically fail at incubating!!! I also wish I could find some partridge Cochins, I just can't!!! UGH

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom