Set eggs on 3/18 who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By your numbers you can hardly be called a first timer. and unless some act of God strikes. I can just about gar-un-tee great results.
I get much better hatch rates by not running the humidity so high. when I kept it in the 50% range too many drown in the shells trying to pip out.

Yep I agree on the humidity thing. I read somewhere that bantam eggs do very well keeping them near 40% for the 1st 18 days so that's what I tried. Must have been some truth to it because so far have 8 out of 10 have hatched with no problems. I watched the humidity carefully and backed it down when it approached 50%. I don't know if I would ever try the dry hatch method after this success altho I think some have good luck with it.

I have an old hova-bator circulated air model 2362N it's got an automatic egg turner in it.
This is my very first attempt ever at using this incubator and hatching in general!
With no action yet on day 21.

Mine didn't do a thing until late on day 21. I am liking my Hovabator altho to get 100 inside the incubator I had to set the digital display to 102.5 It held it's humidity well even with the red vent plugs out. I bet you see some pips very soon
fl.gif

As of right now 22 have hatched. Whoo hoo!!!! And 1 pip and the other one no sign of anything. At 1 pm it was day 21 so pretty much mine were hatching early. I guess for a first timer I did stupendous. Some of them have bitty combs already, i'm suspecting roosters. I'll try and post some pictures. I haven't posted since the new version came out. This is an absolute great thread. Thanks for all the help and encouragement

As of right now 22 have hatched. Whoo hoo!!!! And 1 pip and the other one no sign of anything. At 1 pm it was day 21 so pretty much mine were hatching early. I guess for a first timer I did stupendous. Some of them have bitty combs already, i'm suspecting roosters. I'll try and post some pictures. I haven't posted since the new version came out. This is an absolute great thread. Thanks for all the help and encouragement

CONGRATS!!!!!
celebrate.gif
YOU DID OUTSTANDING FOR A FIRST TIMER!!!!!!!!

My pip is now zipping. No sign of anything on my last one. I will wait it out till day 23. The chicks will then be 3 days old and it will be time to move them out. Unless the little darling hatches earlier.

10 out of 13 have hatched ! Busy day with family. I will post pics soon. Congrats to everyone with babies and hang in there for those that are still waiting.
In the other bator, it is day 20 and one has pipped.

Back
Top Bottom