Set eggs Today 3-2-11..Anyone else???

johnj16

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 19, 2011
Utah
Put 20 eggs in the LG still air bater tonight. The eggs are all fertile eggs from my gorgeous Rhode Island Reds. I can't wait to see if I can get a successful hatch!! I am excited because I love watching my daughters being so involved, and I want to see if the little ones develop some of the traits their mothers have. The mothers are all so friendly!!

Anyway, anyone else setting eggs today?? The only trouble I am having so far is that humidity seems a bit high. I need to get that back down into the 60's. I am told that the most critical time for humidity is during lockdown. I hope that's the case.

Hope to have many success stories soon!!!

Did you remove the red plugs? That would probably help. Good luck I currently have 50 eggs in my little giant still air due either this Sunday or Monday

smile.png
Hi, I put 7 Easter Eggers, from a friend, in @ 12:30 am, today, but the incubator thinks they are in on the 1st because I had to have it on 1 hour before setting them. This is my first attempt hatching in an incubator,always before w/ broody hens. In fact I have a broody setting,however, I don't think any of the eggs are fertile as she & the Roo are not yet 1 yr old.
cool.png

OHH LUCKY!! I wish mine were due to hatch this weekend. As for the LG bater, I like it so far, the best advise I have had so far was to fire it up a few days before putting the eggs in to get the temp and humidity stable. I am amazed at how touchy the temperature control is. Right now the temp it 100.5 (maybe a touch high) and the humid is in the 70's. I took out both red plugs to get the humidity down a bit.

Good luck to everyone on their hatches!!!

JJ

First morning checking on the eggs and all seems good. Temp is consistent at 99.8 and humid reads 61%. The LG still air seems to be stabilizing nicely. Everyone gave good advise about the LG, such as let it sit for a few days to regulate and to not mess with the knob much because it changes the temp a lot. Thanks everyone for all the good advise. Now I know what you all mean when you say 21 days seems like an eternity.

Hope all your hatches are going well!!!!

JJ

I set mine at 8pm on 3/1. My humidity is at 25% at the highest. I'm hoping for a successful "dry method" run. I have no idea how I'll get it up to 70% for the last 3 days! Our humidity is really low right now 34 egg in an LG still air. I'm a newbie, this is my first setting. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom