set eggs today 6/12 anyone else?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jessica Rabbit, Jun 12, 2010.

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jessica Rabbit

Jessica Rabbit Mistress of Marans Manor

Apr 27, 2010
    Snohomish, WA
    Ok SO I set 13 Wellies and 15 Barnies today. Curious if anyone else is setting today? Would love to hear another progress as well!

2. MikeS(erama)

MikeS(erama) Songster

May 8, 2010
    Massachussetts
    I set 12 Serama eggs today at 3:30 AM. I'm switching them over from the LG to the brinsea once it gets here and is fired up. I decided to throw them in the LG because a couple of them are around 2 weeks old now, and I didn't want to risk losing any more fertility/hatching rate.

3. Jessica Rabbit

Apr 27, 2010
    Snohomish, WA
    MikeS(erama) :

I set 12 Serama eggs today at 3:30 AM. I'm switching them over from the LG to the brinsea once it gets here and is fired up. I decided to throw them in the LG because a couple of them are around 2 weeks old now, and I didn't want to risk losing any more fertility/hatching rate.

Now I am jealous... everyone is getting the Brinsea! I am stuck with 2 LG's and a homemade that is currently an intensive care unit for chicky born the other day...​

4. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion 8 Years

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    I'll be setting tomorrow. This will be my first hatch and I'm so excited. I'll be hatching 12 Black Copper Marans and 12 Buff Orpingtons. I have an LG forced air but one day I plan on getting a Brinsea too. I got this bater for $25 so I'll be happy with it until I can come up with $300 lol. Good luck to us all.

5. MikeS(erama)

MikeS(erama) Songster

May 8, 2010
    Massachussetts
    brinsea is having a great sale on their bators on their page. I'm getting the octogon 20 eco and they are about $125 with shipping. shhh I don't know the price on them. It's a birthday present lol

6. jossanne

jossanne Songster

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I set 15 barnyard eggs from my flock under a broody welsummer today. It's her first try hatching eggs, so I've got my fingers crossed that she'll be a good mama!

7. Jessica Rabbit

Apr 27, 2010
    Snohomish, WA
    Quote:i wish I had a broody at this moment.....LGs just never seem to stay the right temperature! UGGHHH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: