*Set eggs Tonight (Nov. 23rd) Any one due around Dec. 14th??*

Quote:
CONGRATS!! I left tuesday night to get something to eat and when I returned two were out and 3 had zipped!
ep.gif

I was soo happy! Its so exciting!
ya.gif

Quote:
Let us know how it goes!! If these eggs hatch I would name them names like miracle! Good luck!!
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif

lol i know right. Ill keep everyone updated.

Okay so the hatch is said and done. Went to bed last night with 12 fluffy butts and two eggs that had pipped well over 24 hours earlier and did nothing. Did a check at 3:30 am and still nothing, no zip, nothing.

The DW woke at 7:00 am and headed straight for the bator. She woke me to inform me that two more fluffys were out.
Moral of story: be patient on pips and let them do their thing.

Well final verdict is 87.5 hatch rate in the fancy dancy Lyons TX7. 16 fertile set, 14 healthy chicks with two quitters.

One of the quitters was an extremely large, jumbo egg the other was very porous and had too large an air gap when candled at 16 days.

Here are the fluffies:

109066_fluffy_butts.jpg

Okay so the hatch is said and done. Went to bed last night with 12 fluffy butts and two eggs that had pipped well over 24 hours earlier and did nothing. Did a check at 3:30 am and still nothing, no zip, nothing.

The DW woke at 7:00 am and headed straight for the bator. She woke me to inform me that two more fluffys were out.
Moral of story: be patient on pips and let them do their thing.

Well final verdict is 87.5 hatch rate in the fancy dancy Lyons TX7. 16 fertile set, 14 healthy chicks with two quitters.

One of the quitters was an extremely large, jumbo egg the other was very porous and had too large an air gap when candled at 16 days.

Here are the fluffies:

109066_fluffy_butts.jpg

I can spot the ameraucana x orp EE's.
smile.png
I think, what color am is the daddy?

Unfortunately I was not allowed to see the parents. The gentleman had said he thought the roo was an RIR and someone had said to him that the roo was more likely an Ameraucana. I do not know if indeed an Ameraucana roo can be confused with an RIR and, he refused to let me see the parents when I asked so alas, I do not know. I will post pics of the chicks in another week or so in an attempt to get an idea of what genealogy I may have and let the opinions roll as they may. My intention was NOT to keep this hatch as it was a practice run with this new bator prior to committing to a pure bred hatch. But, and a big "but" it is the DW has fallen in love with no less than ALL of these fluffys and I will have a hard time selling her on the idea of donating them and starting anew with pure breds.​

Last edited:
Quote:
Unfortunately I was not allowed to see the parents. The gentleman had said he thought the roo was an RIR and someone had said to him that the roo was more likely an Ameraucana. I do not know if indeed an Ameraucana roo can be confused with an RIR and, he refused to let me see the parents when I asked so alas, I do not know. I will post pics of the chicks in another week or so in an attempt to get an idea of what genealogy I may have and let the opinions roll as they may. My intention was NOT to keep this hatch as it was a practice run with this new bator prior to committing to a pure bred hatch. But, and a big "but" it is the DW has fallen in love with no less than ALL of these fluffys and I will have a hard time selling her on the idea of donating them and starting anew with pure breds.

Thats kinda wierd cause the cant be. But i believe the black ones with the white on there chest and black beaks are the BO chicks. They look like the ones i hatched.

I just refilled my 'bator for another go round. I managed to cram 37 eggs into a Brinsea Eco 20. 21 are bantam eggs. I had to stack 4. I'm sure not all will develop so the stacking is only temporary. I'm so bad!!

Back
Top Bottom