1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Set up my incubator again

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dadsdeercamp, Aug 3, 2013.

1. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    Well I broke my ankle a week ago and I'm stuck in bed with my foot up on pillows so I set the incubator next to the bed picked up a dozen eggs from a wonderful lady and got a few from my girls I'm going to set them at noon tomorrow and hatch some more chicks anyone want to join me I need some company. :D

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I'm sorry to hear about your ankle! [​IMG] I just "set" some eggs under a broody today. Mix "mutt" eggs I bought from a local chicken keeper to give the broody something to hatch. I hate wasting a broody. And I need more chickens (don't we all?)

3. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    19 eggs set. All mine are mutts :)

4. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    One hatched and two pipped

5. chickarooo

chickarooo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    cool I have two peeping as well soooo excited keep me updated on yours[​IMG]

6. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    I think this little chick is the noisiest one i've ever hatched must be lonely

7. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    Five have hatched

8. chickarooo

chickarooo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    I of mine have hatched

9. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    Up to 10 or 11 hard to count them only one blue one so far hopeing for atleast one more

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Sounds like it's going well so far! Hope the others hatch for you today. I gave my broody 5 eggs, 1 went off, the other 4 hatched yesterday and last night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by