Set up the trap for tonight - Game Cam PICS

I've had great success just using chicken bones from dinner. I tie them to the trap trigger.

Then, I put the whole trap into a black plastic trash bag. Raccoon has no choice, but to enter the trap.

In the morning, you will find that the raccoon has pulled all of the trash bag into the trap, thinking that would help him escape!

Quote:
I've been thinking of doing this myself. However, I don't have a skill saw and I don't fancy chopping up my sheet of plywood without one, so I just have this random sheet of plywood leaning against the coop fence and plain wire traps. My older box trap has smaller wire holes in the bait end, smaller than hardware cloth, which is a nice feature. The newer trap is all the same size holes that raccoons can reach through.

Picked up some "fancy" bait today to try out. Some mini honey buns per recommendation on another thread. All the traps are set, we'll see if anything comes back tonight. Nothing visited last night, except the resident stray cat and she's trap savvy.

Nothin. and nothin on cam. How is it that the ONE night a roo decides to sleep on the floor it gets killed, but this pred hasn't been back since? How would he get so luck as to ONLY come by the night there was a bird in a dangerous place? Is this a psycic coon or something? Sheesh!
No possums or ANYTHING. How is that even possible?
barnie.gif

I was told that raccoons cannot resist marshmallows . The trapper told me to scatter a bunch outside the trap, then put a bunch inside. Hope you get it before it kills something else.

Back
Top Bottom