set your water'r on this if your tired of your ducks digging holes in their pen

More chance of them striking gold here
smile.png

I would be ecstatic if my ducks found some gold.
big_smile.png
I try to keep the mud to a minimum by laying down sand in the worst places. It can get a little stinky. I don't worry over the holes they make in the ground, they aren't nearly as destructive as some of our other animals, and it makes them so happy. Which makes me happy, happiness all around!

australia-- so do you live in the city or out in rural australia where your ducks can roam for thousands of miles ?
smile.png

I have 2 ducks in with my chickens and ice becomes a problem in the winter when they "play". I used a similar set-up using an old grill grate. I thought it might be hard on feet but the ducks just reach in to dabble or get a drink and their dribbles go inside where ice can form and not cause any problems.

On a similar note; I was wondering if anyone has used a stock tank de-icer in a baby pool. I am thinking of trying it but would use someone elses wisdom instead of trial and error if possible. My chickens seem to prefer drinking from the duck pool and then the ducks could still bathe and relieve their feet once in awhile. Only my second winter with ducks and chickens mixed so any suggestions are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom