Setting 28 eggs tonight, feel free to join me.

Quote:
Just wondering what the numbers mean next to the eggs.

they are weights in grams

Do you weigh the eggs at periodic times during incubation? Like when you candle? Does that have something to do with proper humidity?

Quote:
they are weights in grams

Do you weigh the eggs at periodic times during incubation? Like when you candle? Does that have something to do with proper humidity?

I have read where it does, I was also curious- those darn leghorn/ameraucana crosses that grandma rita has lay some huge eggs.

yes, I plan on weighing them at day 10 and day 18 when they say to candle.

btw, this is my first solo hatch of "my birds". byc to blame, at least my wife is havin fun too.

good luck all.

I'm not hatching anything, but I love to watch these threads!
pop.gif
big_smile.png

Ugh! I'm so clumsy, I accidentally bumped the table that has the incubator on it, but I didn't touch it after that, but I just turned them, and some had rolled around, only a few though. Ugh I feel like an idiot. I hope this isn't one of those stupid mistakes that costs me my hatch.
hmm.png

I am sorry to say, I don't candle my egg, except before putting them in for fertility. I am a lazy hatcher
hide.gif
I put them in the incubator, in turners, water in one trough, day 18 take them out of turner, put water in both troughs and let nature take its course. I have been having 90 to 95% hatches from my own eggs, so I am not going to change my method
duc.gif
This is just what I do and what I have been doing for the last 30 some years. Works well for me but may not for someone else.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom