Setting 5/25... Who's with me???? We're on PIP WATCH!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FluffyColor, May 20, 2010.

1. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    I am getting eggs from 4-H on Tuesday, set for a 6/16 hatch. Who's with me?? They are mixed breeds and I don't know how many I'm getting yet, but I sure am exicted! [​IMG]

Who else is setting eggs on or around May 25? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:fl [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: I picked up the incubator, but I'm getting the dozen eggs on Tuesday. I'll set them that night and then count day one as Wednesday morning.

EDIT: We are now on PIP WATCH!! There will be lockdowning in a few hours!!! We'll be on PIP WATCH now thru about next Friday. I'm watching.....and I'm waiting....I'm impaitent...... [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: Now I have two chicks!!! Woo Hoo! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  2. Doodle_Doo

Doodle_Doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri City, TX
    im in..
    im going to set law grey and thai asils
    also anxious hope all comes out great [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  3. Honey1

Honey1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2008
    Michigan
    Me too! I've got a couple of dozen mixed breeds ready to set on Saturday!!

4. msheets

msheets Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Hurricane, WV
    Yippee someone to hatch with! I was hoping someone would be setting around that date. I've got 6 orders of eggs from different places coming that day unless one is late & arrives on Monday (hope not!) then I have 1 order of eggs that arrived today that I'm settong tomorrow. I have 2 incubators & I'm hatching several breeds of chickens, ducks, turkey, guineas, & pheasants. I haven't even looked to see what the expected hatch date would be for the chickens so I guess like you said it's 6/12? Awesome, good luck everyone & I look forward to reading/posting updates, candling results, & hopefully baby picks!

5. FluffyColor

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Yes! I have some hatch buddies here to hatch with me! I can't wait to see the pics of the chicks, and hopefully post my own! I'm a bit nervous tho, my last few hatches haven't been sucessful. The worst part is, I already feel impaitent for the chicks and the eggs aren't even here yet! [​IMG]

23 days to go......

(highlight post to see what I posted)

6. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Quote:[​IMG]

You are silly! Love it!

7. FluffyColor

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    So, I'm getting the eggies tommorow. I hope we hatch lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of chickies! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:jumpy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. msheets

msheets Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Hurricane, WV
    Me too, I hope everyone has a good hatch. Even one little chick will be better than my last time, due to a faulty thermometer that read 100F while it was really 90F, my hatch rate was 0%! This time around though I bought a new thermometer as well as a hyrdrometer so my chicks won't be shrink wrapped like they were last time either. I'll have 111 eggs in my bators w/out including the extras sent or the ones damaged through shipment, so that means 111+ eggs I'll have to turn by hand 3 times a day for 21-28 days...whew! Well I guess todays the big day, I hope everyone's eggs arrive in one piece (=

9. morninggloryhatchery

morninggloryhatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Wasilla
    I'm setting the 24th!![​IMG]
    40 Mix eggs. I already have 18 mix in the other bator with 100% FERTILITY!!!! They are doing great!!!! Day 5 and there all developing!![​IMG] It's a first for me!! I've never had 100% fertility at day 5.
    but she was 43 chicks and 8 duckies.
    [​IMG]:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
    [​IMG]

10. BawGock

BawGock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Idaho Panhandle, USA
    Hi Y'all!
    I set 21 BLRW eggs from KinderKorner last night (5/21) and they are due on my birthday 6/11 [​IMG]
    This is my 6th batch of shipped eggs this year and they arrived in the best condition that I have seen yet.
    so, I have high hopes that it will be a good hatch....for shipped eggs that is.[​IMG]
    Good luck to all!
    Carolyn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by