Setting 5/25... Who's with me???? We're on PIP WATCH!!!

Hey guys! I set some eggs Wed. and some yesterday. They were all supposed to be here at the same time but someone shipped 2 days late
sad.png
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly anyway. So I have eggs set to hatch the 9th and 11th... looks like I'll have a busy week checking the incubator every 5 minutes, lol! I'm hatching mille fleur, lavender and partridge cochins.
smile.png

This morning, I set 17 B/B/S orpington eggs in my R-com. They arrived yesterday and rested 24 hours on my kitchen counter top.
I also put 14 french black copper marans eggs 2 days ago in Genesis.
I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I want to hatch with you all. I have my first broody. She is on a dozen RIR eggs. She started on in fertile eggs so I stuck some fertile RIRs under her on the 2oth and 21st. I probably won't have much input because I probably won't candle or anything. This is my fifth hatch but my first hatch with a broody. She is a Salmon Faverolles named opal. She is sitting tight on her clutch just comes out once in the morning for eating and dust bath. I will try to post a photo later.

Hey all!
Has any one candled their eggs yet in this group?
I candled after a week and have 18 out of 21 developing.
The 3 I culled had blood rings so they were fertile, too.
I'm pretty excited because these are shipped BLRW eggs that came from half way across the country.
smile.png

Hope everyone is having good luck on their eggs.
Carolyn

Hello,I set 16 bronze turkey eggs on the 25th.This will be my fourth for the year.The first I got 10 turkeys,the next I got 11 easter eggers and the last I got 8 more turkeys.I sure hope all goes well this time,too.Good luck to everyone,can't wait to the the pics.
big_smile.png

I'd like to join. I put 28 eggs in my Hovabator on the 24th. I candled on day 8 and had to toss 9 eggs so I have 19 left. As a first time newbie I'll be happy if I get one live chick and I'm a nervous wreck.

Last edited:
frow.gif
I am going into lockdown tomorrow!!
fl.gif
I am hoping for one or two as well!! I started out with 18 and I am down to 12 now so even if one hatches and we get to see it my daughter and I will be a very happy campers! Good luck everyone!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom