Setting a double Yolked egg

I have a double yolked egg that I set today. I have set them before, I usually just get to day 10, but not far after that. I have other eggs in incubator at the same time, so I will still try. I know people say don't do it, blah, blah, blah, but I am going to photo updates and do an eggtopsy if it doesn't make it. Also it is not really any diff than setting an egg that does not make to hatch day, other than you know ahead of time this one most likely will not make it. Here is the pic on setting day.
View attachment 2318779

Don't worry I know what I am looking for and will not let a bad egg explode in my incubator.
Wow! Cool! Good luck!!! :D

I only set the egg a few days ago... I am trying to stay calm, the egg farm I got this batch of eggs from they always had 3 roosters on the hens. I Just cracked open some other eggs and nothing was going on! Makes me think she got rid of her roosters. I will call her to find out, I am still incubating this one, if nothing happens because if it is not fertile, I will at least open it so you can see the double yolk. I am not giving up yet so stay tuned!

I bought some health food eggs but the farm is by my house, because I had a few of my eggs I wanted to set. my eggs didn't take, the health food eggs did as expected since I bought from them before, and hatched.
dob.PNG

I have 7 (I didn't set the whole carton) due on the 10th.
and I tried again with my own eggs...
doba.PNG

Day 3/4 so I got more of the health food eggs, they must have switched out to not having roosters now because I don't see fertile with this last batch...
dara.PNG

I will hang on a couple more days, incase they may be delayed. These include the double yolker. It is nice I have my first group lined up for the tenth, and my own going...(BA and LO) I am not short on birds, just like things that work....
For fun, find the double yolked egg...

Back
Top Bottom