Setting a new clutch using the Genesis Hova-Bator

homeandbarnbasics

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 29, 2008
Tallassee, AL
Hi guys and gals,
We just set a new clutch of eggs. These are ebay eggs. My wife wanted some Buff Orpingtons and I wanted some more Delawares (looking for genetic diversity). We heard such good and bad things about Ebay eggs that we chose two sellers and ordered a few from each to see for ourselves. We ordered 12 Buff Orps, she sent them Priority Mail last week and they arrivesd this morning (eight days). The Delawares, the seller "forgot" to ship them and only remembered after I emailed her. The shipping label on the box was dated June 28. None broken in either box. I figured both of these groups of eggs would be a good challenge so I picked a Hovabator 1588 Genesis preset incubator with an auto-turner for the job. I also added a Springfield thermometer and a Brinsea Spot Check to check the accuracy of the included thermometer from GQF. I will keep all you updated on progress once we candle them in about 10 days.
Here are some pics.

IMG_27462-185x255.jpg

IMG_2747-245x173.jpg

Happy Hatching!!

Good luck on your hatch there! I love my genesis! It has been easy to use and my hatches have done really well. Good luck with those Buff Orp. eggs. Eight days is an awful long time to be in the mail. My fingers will be crossed for you!
smile.png

Yeah, I have some eggs on the way from BYC members too, I can already tell you they will be more responsible than these sellers were. We will see how these go, a good learning experience if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom