setting and hatching help

pbjls

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 11, 2013
I have a gqf 1502 that I am using for the first time. I put about 6 dozzen fresh fertile eggs on a shelf in the incubator laying on their side. it is a fairly tight fit and I put a soft clothe around the edges so the eggs won't hit the metal side when it turns automatically. they don't have much room to move really anyway. I have the temp between 100 and 99 degrees. I have a bowl with a sponge and water on the very top shelf. each morning i have added about a cup of water. the sponge is still wet, but the bowl empty by the next mornig so I add water.
problem. after a week there is no sign of growth. I have candled about a third of the eggs and don't see anything that looks like viens. just one still dark spot in each egg that i asume is an undeveloped yoke. what did i do wrong.

I have a gqf 1502 that I am using for the first time. I put about 6 dozzen fresh fertile eggs on a shelf in the incubator laying on their side. it is a fairly tight fit and I put a soft clothe around the edges so the eggs won't hit the metal side when it turns automatically. they don't have much room to move really anyway. I have the temp between 100 and 99 degrees. I have a bowl with a sponge and water on the very top shelf. each morning i have added about a cup of water. the sponge is still wet, but the bowl empty by the next mornig so I add water.
problem. after a week there is no sign of growth. I have candled about a third of the eggs and don't see anything that looks like viens. just one still dark spot in each egg that i asume is an undeveloped yoke. what did i do wrong.
if you checked fertility by cracking them and seeing the "bulls eye" perhaps your thermometers are not calibrated? please refer to this article for help with temps, fertility collection etc.... https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

at 10 to 12 days what should I see when candleing eggs. I have looked at about 40% of the eggs and do not see any movement in any.

Back
Top Bottom