Setting duck eggs on Saturday, 8/18 - Anyone wanna join? (Set by next Saturday for chicken eggs)

I've got a pip on one of the Farmers market eggs........:clap

Woo! I'm waiting for a duck egg pip. I have one that I'm not entirely sure is alive. The shell has started getting dark spots but there's still veins when I candle. Don't want to pull it if it's alive but I don't want it to explode in the bator either :sick

Woo! I'm waiting for a duck egg pip. I have one that I'm not entirely sure is alive. The shell has started getting dark spots but there's still veins when I candle. Don't want to pull it if it's alive but I don't want it to explode in the bator either
sickbyc.gif
I hear ya. Up to two pips

I've got a duckling and one that's pipped - on the wrong end of the egg! Wonder if I might have to help that one...

I'll take a whack at it :) I have to post pictures of all my little silkies still. I've got one duckling, and the other that tried to pip at the wrong end didn't pip all the way through, I just discovered. I pulled back the shell and membrane over its beak but I may have been too late. There's no movement and it didn't move its beak when I tapped it...

Back
Top Bottom