Setting duck eggs on Saturday, 8/18 - Anyone wanna join? (Set by next Saturday for chicken eggs)

Well, I just had a duckling try to hatch waayyyy too early. No blood, but it hasn't absorbed its yolk yet, so I had to get creative with a ziplock bag to try to keep the yolk moist so it could absorb it. Had to shove the silly thing back in its shell. Oh, these ducks are killing me.

Well, I just had a duckling try to hatch waayyyy too early. No blood, but it hasn't absorbed its yolk yet, so I had to get creative with a ziplock bag to try to keep the yolk moist so it could absorb it. Had to shove the silly thing back in its shell. Oh, these ducks are killing me.
WOW

Yeah, I think they're trying to give me heart attacks. I had literally four pip before lockdown, and now this one... :barnie

Yeah, I think they're trying to give me heart attacks. I had literally four pip before lockdown, and now this one...
barnie.gif
Any new news on your eggs?

Yep! I hatched 13 ducklings. One I found was rotten, so I took that one out, and the other just never hatched. The other thirteen are doing okay. One hatched with wry neck, but I'm treating her. I have a guy hopefully coming this week to buy some from me so I can cut down. They're cute, though! Here's Cupcake, the early hatcher, right after she came out of the Ziploc bag:

DSCF2115.jpg

Back
Top Bottom