Setting eggs 1-18-12. I need some buddies to keep me company.

Yay, the more the merrier! What a great selection of different breeds being set, can't wait to see them all hatch. Mstricer, I didn't know guineas came in lavender, I'll have to find a picture. I hatched a lav ameraucana 3 weeks ago, she was from a pullet egg and is petit compared to the rest of the hatch.

I just candled a few and it looks like the campine eggs are getting 'spiders' growing inside. Can't see a lot in the darker eggs yet... Hopefully something is happening inside the Pekin eggs...

It's very exciting hearing about all these different chicken breeds that we don't have here in New Zealand!!! New Zealand won't let you import eggs so the breeds we have are all we are going to have!

Has anyone with a still air, no turner incubator used an egg carton or anything else to set the eggs on besides the bare wire floor?
I don't want them rolling around -
still waiting for the incubator to get up to temperature. Starting to worry a bit that it hasn't gone past 95, despite turning the adjuster knob almost one full 360 turn (by turning it an inch or so every 20-30 minutes) How long does it ordinarily take an old hovabator to get up to temperature?

Hi 1keegan, I have a forced air incubator and set 42 eggs at 8am and am just getting up to temp now. How many eggs did you set and were the eggs cold or room temp when you put them in?

Okay, I'm putting in more!! Just got 12 EE's from a friend. She usually gives them to me for eating eggs but we decided to see how it goes with the incubator. I know they are fertile, at least all the ones I've eaten are!

So now I have:

14 Black Cooper Marans
12 Trader Joes White Fertile
12 Whole Foods Brown Fertile
12 EE's

I'm not really expecting anything much from the store eggs, they are just a fun experiment.

It's very exciting hearing about all these different chicken breeds that we don't have here in New Zealand!!! New Zealand won't let you import eggs so the breeds we have are all we are going to have!

That seems bizarre. I guess they have their reasons though. How many breeds are available there? Congrats on the eggs veining. I'm gonna try to stay strong and wait till Wednesday to candle anymore. I just couldn't wait to check they eggs that were from my girls. I only had 2 old enough to lay and I set 11 eggs from them, and then yesterday one of them went missing. Hopefully her eggs hatch and she'll carry on that way.

Lots of newbies today, this should turn out to be a great thread.

Back
Top Bottom