Setting eggs 1-18-12. I need some buddies to keep me company.

Day 19 is almost in the books for me. I didn't see any wobbling or anything, but I usually never do, and this time I've had so much background noise going on I really haven't had much time to watch the incubator. If it weren't for the web cam viewing from work, I say I seemed almost uninterested...
But-
Now that it's getting close to hatch time I've over there every few minutes looking with my flashlight! I taped the cover on the night light bulb, and now I'm worried because I've got some duct tape exposed, so I'm trying to pretend I'm not too concerned, but it's haunting me.
Anything from NZ yet?
pop.gif

I have a question for everyone. Using a Brower THI30 Top Hatch Incubator--forced air--...... How long can I leave the chicks in there? One hatched this morning and two more hatched this evening. Several other eggs have pips but nothing more so far. I work a 12 hour shift tomorrow and won't be home until about 9pm. If I open the top before all the eggs have hatched I run the risk of loosing the rest of the eggs. I have read where people have left them in there 48 hours? Is this correct??
Thanks for any replies.....

I have a question for everyone. Using a Brower THI30 Top Hatch Incubator--forced air--...... How long can I leave the chicks in there? One hatched this morning and two more hatched this evening. Several other eggs have pips but nothing more so far. I work a 12 hour shift tomorrow and won't be home until about 9pm. If I open the top before all the eggs have hatched I run the risk of loosing the rest of the eggs. I have read where people have left them in there 48 hours? Is this correct??
Thanks for any replies.....

Yeah, some people leave them in there for 2 days. I usually leave them in one day, because I set mine all at once, but 2 days in the incubator is fine.

I've read that once they absorb the yolk and hatch out, that gives them what they need for 3 days. You should be plenty fine to go to work tomorrow and not worry over your babies. Maybe by the time you get home, everybody else will be caught up.
Congratulations on your hatched, and good luck on the pips.
thumbsup.gif

couldn't take it anymore, so I opened up and tore the shade off the night light. Shot some water on the sponge and I got the humidity holding at 60 for the moment. It makes it hard to see on the webcam, but easier for me to see here. All my eggs have the nice little high humidity glow to them. I've already had two false pip alarms. One was dirt on the egg and the other was just an imperfection in the eggshell, like a clump of eggshell. Enough it cast a shadow and looked like a pip!
I was like
ep.gif
Then after a flashlight inspection I was like
barnie.gif
!

I've been so calm... now I'm a wreck!

Back
Top Bottom