Setting eggs 1-18-12. I need some buddies to keep me company.

We have our first chick. I checked at noon, didn't see anything started. Came home at 4:30 there was a healthy opening in an egg and an hour later. We have our first chick. Another chick is on the way, a small hole is opening :) Very exciting :)

Wow!!
thumbsup.gif

very awesome! I got worried about ya'll back in the beginning, and I even went and hunted you down. When I didn't hear anything further I assumed the worst. So great to hear the process worked! I'm proud for you! I bet that will be yet another very treasured chicken! And hopefully you get some more. That's a perfect 4H event to chronicle, and I wish I'd studied chickens more in my tweens/teens. Very good life lessons to be learned in the development of them.
I'm grinning ear to ear for you two!
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
highfive.gif
yesss.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Wow 2hot! what a story... I bet if those little ones do hatch you'll have a hard time treating them like chickens!
love.gif
It's pretty neat that the oeg's took the post office abuse and the temp spike. LOL... I bet them things will be mean as little hornets about summer time! They're already cocky!

aint that the truth! LOL If only I could breed them! All new indesructable breed!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Congratulations everyone!

I think I may have suffered a few first time incubator issues, maybe I had my temp a bit too high. Have 9 eggs left with no pipping or movement, its day 22 (25 have hatched).

I have one problem though I have a chick with very weak legs and bandaid hobbled have not helped, the poor thing still can't stand and flops over, does anyone have any ideas? I would rather not have to cull her!

Best of luck everyone. I had so much fun with mine, and I'm barely gonna have time to clean my bator good before I set again. My next eggs should arrive tomorrow. Anybody else resetting?

Back
Top Bottom