Setting Eggs 3/10 or 3/11 - Join Me?

Congrats on the human baby
wink.png
When are you due?? Do you know what you are having??? So exciting !!!!!!!!

Thanks! I am due in early may, with a boy. We have two girls and two boys, in that order, so another boy will be fun with brothers close in age. He can't come until the kitchen remodel is done, though...

I am getting ready to candle eggs tonight for the first time. Excited! I am not great at candling, so I probably won't toss any out until I'm really sure.

I set 11 Delaware eggs on March 9th....I know that isn't the 10th or 11th, but I would love to join your thread if you'll have me! I am excited about these because it is the first time that I am hatching my own eggs!

I did candle tonight and it looks like I have 8 out of the 11 that are developing!

I set 11 Delaware eggs on March 9th....I know that isn't the 10th or 11th, but I would love to join your thread if you'll have me! I am excited about these because it is the first time that I am hatching my own eggs!

I did candle tonight and it looks like I have 8 out of the 11 that are developing!

Sure, join in! Glad to see that you have a strong showing. Hoping you get at least eight babies!

Okay, I candled. (Blogged about it here.) Despite the fact that I am terrible at candling (I have no idea what I'm looking at, even using a Brinsea Ovascope and scrolling through hundreds of candling pictures online), I could definitely tell that two were clears. So I'm down to 28 eggs in the Brinsea, which means no more stacking. That's good. I have seven columns of four eggs each, in staggered formation, and they fit very nicely. No divider bars or anything. I will candle again in a week to see if there are any more to toss.

Wouldn't it be awesome if 28 out of 30 hatched?!

Today is day #7 for me, I'll candle in a day or 2, since these are turkey eggs they're probably
developing a little slower than chicken eggs would.

woot.gif

I candled tonight! I saw one of them moving inside!!!! It was sooooo cool!!!!! Some of them look like just yokes and others look like they have something going on but not sure what. I am afraid I have not been turning them enough because one of the is developing but when I move it nothing inside moves??? well see :)

Candled yesterday (day 7). Mixed results. One is a not fertile (Stand offish Lt Brahma)

Saw movement on 3, very nice, yaaa.

Found veining and chick development on 15, including the movers.

The other eight chicken eggs were ??, found nice air sacks on all of them except the non-fertile one. Some of the ?? had darker shells, and some of our EE's eggs I was unable to see through.

Found veining and poult development on the one turkey egg.

We will candle next Sunday. Until then we have 2 chicks due Wed-Thurs this week with a broody hen.

It's fuzzy butt time!!

Back
Top Bottom