Setting eggs july 13 anyone else setting today, I need a buddy

83755_2011-08-02_173042-1.jpg

Eeeck my lil one is here...and WOW after it decided to zip it went full speed ahead!! Lol

I just had another one they are pushing the other eggs all over though. Should I take them out?
Chad

update: I have 4 in the homemade brooder and 3 in the incubator, 1 more in shell peeping. started with 12.

I am very happy with this batch. Thanks everone for sharing, it was even more fun this time.
Mine are such a cute mix - 3 blonds, 2 reds, and 2 black (rock/red) mixes. last 1?

Chad - mine moved the other eggs around before they were dry (old) enough to remove from incubator. This is normal and I don't risk handling chicks too early. If you have a way to divide (seperate) try that.

I keep my homemade brooder around 99' with cooler area away from lights just above room temp. The chicks can choose their temperature and be comfortable.

Scott

two of my eggs have pipped but it been about 10 hours and they made no progress. i dont know what to do. is it shrink wrapped or just resting for the zipping?? how do i tell if it is shrink wrapped? i need help
hmm.png

Thanks for the info Scott I did let them be and everything is going good I got quite a few chicks
big_smile.png

For the eggs that have been pipped for 10 hours I think you are alright, the ones that were pipped this morning are just hatching tonight I think they take a nap before the big hello. lol
Good luck everybody I hope everyone is having fun. I have to say this is the most helpful site I have ever been a part of Thanks to everyone that participates in helping and joining in.
Chad

Well I put 3 in the brooder (2 BA's) and (1 EE). The last to hatch is the Maran, it looks all black except for a little light coloring on the wings. I think it may be a Black Copper Maran. Not certain, this is my first Maran. Still waiting for the last egg to do something, so far no pip.
35694_new_baby_pics_004.jpg

35694_new_baby_pics_003.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
How are they doing this morning? Any progress yet? My first chick took about 15 hours to hatch out. I would tap on the incubator and talk to it. Sometimes this motivates the baby's to wake up and get moving.

I still have 2 pipped and moving around and 2 that have not pipped. The chicks are doing good I got 7 in the brooder. sounds like everyone is fairing out pretty good for the most part. Is any one else loading the bator back up once this hatch is done.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I have to this is addicting is there a bator annamous group here or something I think I need help. lol
Chad

Back
Top Bottom