Setting eggs July 6th. Need some hatching buddies. Lets have some fun!

Checked all the eggs I had due on the 24th to be locked down and 24of the 35 are not good. Down to 13.

Some of them were even green on the inside, found that when I had one crack, glad it did not explode. Green egg anyone. :sick

Last edited:
I checked my eggs tonight and 2 of the 7 appear to be empty. Very disappointed--- I really hope the remaining 5 make it. I still have them in the incubator but keep thinking of giving them to my broody hen. Her last hatch she was @ 100%. I think nature knows best but for some reason I am afraid to move them.
One thing is she is sitting on two eggs that won't be due for about a week after my incubator eggs---not sure how that will work with her. She is a great mother and will adopt these chicks if I am lucky enough to hatch them in the bator.

candled 5 more eggs tonight and 3 were really dark with good air cells and 2 were mostly clear with smaller air cells. going to keep them all in there just in case. these quail eggs are harder to see in then i thought. lock down for me will be saturday.

i'm a little late here...i will be getting eggs in on Saturday July 21st.
6 ringneck pheasants
6 aa Serama
my first time incubating will be doing so in a homemade incubator

Most of my eggs were "bad" or questionable, but we will never know. Some visiting children decided to open the incubator AND mess with the thermometer. They dropped it in the fan and didn't tell anyone.
rant.gif
We are a bit peeved and sad.
hit.gif

Most of my eggs were "bad" or questionable, but we will never know. Some visiting children decided to open the incubator AND mess with the thermometer. They dropped it in the fan and didn't tell anyone.
rant.gif
We are a bit peeved and sad.
hit.gif

how awful---so sorry
hugs.gif
I am sure they didn't mean to do anything wrong, but that doesn't help save your chicks.

I have been having a bit of trouble maintaining my temp a few days I come look and it is 102
barnie.gif
So I am not sure what is going on the thing is so sensitive , But I'm not sure if some jag is messing with it or if it is the air in the house , any in site that causes temp fluctuation?
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom