Setting eggs July 6th. Need some hatching buddies. Lets have some fun!

For the two that pipped this morning, I would give them more time. If they pipped on their own, they have a good chance of getting out by themselves and you don't want to rush them.

Yeah, I was just going to say, you could add a bunch of warm wet paper towels or a warm wet sponge and jack that humidity up to get the other guys through. But in the end if they need help, it looks like you've got the hang of it, the backwards pipper looks none the worse for your intervention so far. But yeah, I'd still give the other two some time.

Thank you so much for helping. Feel free to give any advice on ustream as well. But I think you are right. I'll have to help the other two as well.

I know when pete55 helps a hatch, he puts surgical tape back over an enlarged pip hole to help retain the moisture inside the egg so the chick can finish hatching on its own. This is what I meant about it being dangerous to help, it's almost like once you start helping you're committed to it because exposing too much of the chick causes serious drying of the membrane. So if it wasn't shrink wrapped when you started, it sure will be once you begin helping. But just hang in there and be careful and slow. I'm rooting for your little duckies!

Draigathar was such a huge help!!! I have two ducklings in the brooder and one still in the incubator. :D
It's been a rough night and I'm sure I'll have trouble sleeping knowing the third is still waiting. :(

Draigathar was such a huge help!!! I have two ducklings in the brooder and one still in the incubator.
big_smile.png

It's been a rough night and I'm sure I'll have trouble sleeping knowing the third is still waiting.
sad.png

Did the second make it out on his own, or did he need help? How about the third one, it's morning now, is he out? It was almost as much fun watching your hatch, as it is watching my own! Tee hee!

Back
Top Bottom