Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

Guess I could spray paint it to match the lamp base!
lau.gif

I've heard of builting my own. I've never tired, But the box idea sounds really simply. I have plenty of empty boxes. I wish i had a spare lamp lying around......I'll have to check the storage shed outside.
Okay I just had nightmares of digging thru dusty boxes in the dark with mice coming out as i try to open them.
hide.gif

Maybe i'll just buy the flash light.
wink.png

Its day 12 for me and i tryed to candle them only 2 have spider veins 2 seem clear and the rest have like a yoke size dark plob theres no dark spot in the blob do you think they will be OK?
Today my digital theromometer/hydro meter arrived and it says the incubator is running at 43.0 and 10% the one in the incubator says 37 (its a gauge type) so im gonna have to get another one now as 43 is WAY too heigh isnt it? have i ruened my eggs?

Its day 12 for me and i tryed to candle them only 2 have spider veins 2 seem clear and the rest have like a yoke size dark plob theres no dark spot in the blob do you think they will be OK?
Today my digital theromometer/hydro meter arrived and it says the incubator is running at 43.0 and 10% the one in the incubator says 37 (its a gauge type) so im gonna have to get another one now as 43 is WAY too heigh isnt it? have i ruened my eggs?
43 celsius is very high, lethal. That is over 109 fahrenheit. How long was your incubator running at that temp? It should be around 100 (99.5, a little higher with still air) I'm not sure what you mean about 10%. Is that your humidity? I am aiming for about 45-50% humidity until around day 18 (then I want to increase it to about 60-65) 37 celsius is just a tiny bit low, but low is far better than too high. .

Yeah, my incubator is in Celsius, I've got it set to 37.7degrees with 45% humidity. :) Seem to be developing quite nicely.

I keep worrying that my eggs aren't developing, so I've decided to stop candling until the day before lockdown. Lol.

I wouldn't throw out the eggs just yet (that's just me) I think I misunderstood your post at first...the thermometer in the incubator has been reading 37 all along, and then the new one tells you 43? oh goodness...personally I would wait and see what happens.

I've heard of builting my own. I've never tired, But the box idea sounds really simply. I have plenty of empty boxes. I wish i had a spare lamp lying around......I'll have to check the storage shed outside.
Okay I just had nightmares of digging thru dusty boxes in the dark with mice coming out as i try to open them.
hide.gif

Maybe i'll just buy the flash light.
wink.png
So what we did... and it works super duper.... is a box with a lamp bulb twisted into the socket/cord and it comes out from the box. We cut a small hole in the box and put a small amount of foam around the hole so it seals a bit. Amazing. Works fabulously.

Back
Top Bottom