Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

Have I set too many eggs? They touch the styrofoam and each other. Of course, now if I place another thermometer at egg level, it will have to rest of top. Thoughts?

I set 29 eggs. 7 leghorns, 4 australorps, 5 golden comets, 7 barred rocks, 2 new hampshire, 4 brahmas. Those are the hens anyway. The roosters could be any of the following: bantam cochin, orpington, brahma, or rhode island.

Temp is stable at 99, humidity was at 47 when I put the eggs in, but I added more water and it quickly increased and is at 67 now. ugh...too high or just let it go? I set the eggs about 15 minutes ago.

Had an egg break yesterday, really disappointed. It was from my half breed araucana who rarely lays so I was hoping to hatch one for the first time :( The same happened last time with my other broody, I wonder if the momma hens can tell if the eggs will develop or not? My roo has no interest in her for some reason so it was probably infertile anyway. Oh well... replaced it with a couple more maran eggs instead, hoping for no more breaks as I can't sit and watch momma hen all day, (although I'd love to! :D)

Anyhow on the plus side, cancelled the eggs today and could see veins already in at least 3! When will you be able to see the heart beating? God I'm obsessed with this, I only have 3 coops and already getting too many eggs from my 6 hens, 2 ducks and other chicks from my hatch last month! Probably have to sell the new chickies but I really want to keep them all!!

I Had six hatch. 50% hatch rate for my first time. I think thats pretty good, All things considered.
Not bad for a first time.
smile.png

My eggs arrived a day early they are resting now had already everything set up. Going to put them in tomorrow morning. For now they are resting on their side in the same room as the incubator. Any tips for a good hatch? And the wonderful lady I got the eggs from gave me 3 extra.....wow!!

Had an egg break yesterday, really disappointed. It was from my half breed araucana who rarely lays so I was hoping to hatch one for the first time
sad.png
The same happened last time with my other broody, I wonder if the momma hens can tell if the eggs will develop or not? My roo has no interest in her for some reason so it was probably infertile anyway. Oh well... replaced it with a couple more maran eggs instead, hoping for no more breaks as I can't sit and watch momma hen all day, (although I'd love to!
big_smile.png
)
Anyhow on the plus side, cancelled the eggs today and could see veins already in at least 3! When will you be able to see the heart beating? God I'm obsessed with this, I only have 3 coops and already getting too many eggs from my 6 hens, 2 ducks and other chicks from my hatch last month! Probably have to sell the new chickies but I really want to keep them all!!
I saw the hearts beating at 5 days. That's too bad about the egg breaking.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom