Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

I will post pics of my homemade incubator, And i know see movement in the eggs when candling, its only day 17 so im not seeing any egg rolling.

My still air incubator temp is from 99.5 - 101 most. Humidity day 1-18 is 45 - 50%. 65-70% during lock down. My hatch rate has been anywhere from 99% to 33%. This has not been a good year for me. Last year is when I was getting 95-99% hatch rates.

This is my 4th year of having chickens and my 3rd year of incubation, & Broody hen hatching.

Last edited:
he.gif
barnie.gif
I think there was a snake in the chicken house last night. Went out to look for eggs & saw an egg on the floor just inside the escape hatch for the chickens. Picked it up & it was only a half shell with bloody membrane inside. I checked under my turkey and sure enough she only had 3 eggs under her. Although the doors are closed at night, the windows are covered w/chicken wire. I brought the remaining 3 eggs in and put in the incubator.

I am going to give my turkey todays eggs to try again. She really wants to sit.

Last edited:
One white silkie so far, 9:15 this am. She's a real beauty, vaulted skull and everything! It was amazing, my daughter was so excited to see her hatch.

My incubator is going to be very crowded once one or 2 more hatch, once they dry can they be taken out? The one is walking all over and making the eggs roll all over the place. Some of the pips are now face down because this chick is making them roll.

I am on day 15 but only one out of nine eggs have any growth. Three are clear the others are just blobs kept my temp between 99.5 and 100 but humidity 35 - 40 was wondering if my humidity was too low or just got a bad batch.

I am on day 15 but only one out of nine eggs have any growth. Three are clear the others are just blobs kept my temp between 99.5 and 100 but humidity 35 - 40 was wondering if my humidity was too low or just got a bad batch.
No your humidity wasn't too low. Were these shipped eggs? I think you just got a messed up batch. If they came from your own hens and you know they were fertile, then maybe the incubator wasn't working
hu.gif
I'm sorry.

One white silkie so far, 9:15 this am. She's a real beauty, vaulted skull and everything! It was amazing, my daughter was so excited to see her hatch.

My incubator is going to be very crowded once one or 2 more hatch, once they dry can they be taken out? The one is walking all over and making the eggs roll all over the place. Some of the pips are now face down because this chick is making them roll.
Yay! I hope my children are able to see mine hatch too. I'm on day 15.

what a bummer! Sorry to hear that.

Back
Top Bottom