Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

There are many who think this is actually a benefit.  Helping the others break up their shell and escape.  Also they seem to get more energetic about escaping their shell when they hear the others cheeping at them.
Yeh just me worrying even though I knew just needed the reassurance thanks

One chukar eggs is peeping and trying to zip but the goof bal is trying to zipp down the egg not around the egg
barnie.gif

anyone know if the silly chick will be able to hatch this way or will I have to help him eventually. Not now probly would be tammrow night if he hadnt made progress but if he can do it on his own I would pefer that I hate helping

We've all been there. The first hatch is so exciting and frustrating cause you feel like you should be doing something.

I have several pips and some cheeping but it is a little early. I had one pip Friday night and still isn't out. I can't tell if she's still peeping cause there are many peeping. Little worried about her because in general their out by 12 hours but many have had them pip and not zip for a couple days.

Hate the waiting, love the hatching and Fuzzy butts. I just want at least one fuzzy butt tonight but I figure that isn't happening and since I set them at night on a Sunday I really don't expect any til tomorrow evening or at least afternoon.

Just something I have noticed...

Some of the eggs generate more heat than others. The temp spikes aren't due to the where the eggs are laying in regards to the bulb like I first thought. Its kind of frustrating when some of my eggs are causing the thermometer to increase past 102 while others are barely at 98. I thought those with lower temps were not thriving or had died, but every egg I pick up to candle has movement. I'm going to pay more attention to the increases rather than the dips at this point.

I candled one tonight, and think it may have pipped the air sac. (???) It looked like there were blood vessels in the air sac. Is this what happens when pipped?

Back
Top Bottom