Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

Well I don't want to make anybody feel worse, but I'm having an amazing hatch so far. Day 20 and out of 61 eggs at lockdown I already have 23 healthy chicks. Most of the early hatchers are bantums, do they have shorter incubation or need lower temps? Just trying to figure out why they were in such a hurry whike nobody else seems to be.

My Silky eggs should have started hatching yesterday. Since there was still nothing this morning, I brought them in & put in the incubator. Giving them a couple more days chance. In their place I gave Bitty 2 standard eggs. Right now Bitty has one wet white chick under her. AND I have 3 chicks hatched from the incubator. One I thought was yellow is actually white. This chick has fuzz down it's legs. One grey and is a Cochin mix chick also w/fuzz down it's legs. One orange and appears to be an EE chick. I took a couple pictures, but don't know where they went. (New cell phone)

I am disappointed about Bitty's eggs. Really was hoping for a Showgirl out of her & Prince (in background of my Avatar)

Last edited:
How in the world do you folks stand this waiting called "lockdown?"
idunno.gif
Just went into lockdown today (day 18) with my first-ever incubator hatch (at least I hope they hatch!). I'm not sure my nerves will hold out until day 21! Have always used broody hens before, but didn't have one ready when the eggs I got arrived. If this doesn't work out, you can find me at the local mental health facility!
th.gif

Well, nevermind. That chick died.
hit.gif
ohh Jake. I'm so sorry. I hope the others thrive. If you need another batch of fertile eggs, I will send some to you for free. They are just backyard mixes, but all pure mixes and cute! I ended up with what I believe is a little australorp/bantam cochin mix pullet from my broody who I just adore. See my signature? Those are my babies :)
hugs.gif

I can tell which hen lays which eggs (pretty much) so you can specify moms. I have been keeping all but the orpington roo out of the run for a short while (too many roos) but the others still get to the girls on occasion. I'd say probably a good 65-70% the blue orpington roo will be the fertilizer of any eggs I send you (if you want them)

Back
Top Bottom