Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

Well, I think this thread is just about done. So, Thank you all for joining me! I will be doing another hatch in july, So if yall want yall can join me again! Again thank yall for making this such a fun experience!

good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hatch is offically over. I have to get my bator ready for more eggs going into lock down so as I didnt have any more pips that I could see I took the chance of candleing all the rest of the eggs. Most of them look like they quit right around day 18 one had pipped but I didnt see it cuase it glazed over and the chick sufacted that was two eggs this time that leaked and the stuff hardend and killed the chick. One was pipped internally but never pipped externally .I got
4 serama
2 adorable fuzzy footed mixes
5 non fuzzy footed mixes
possibly about 10 or so chukar ( man there hard to count little buggers mover to fast)
possibly about 10 or so bobwhite quail ( same thing as the chukar and there in with them to so its just a little fuzzy mosh pit)
SO around 31 give or take a couple out of I think if I remmber right (doubt it with my brain) I set about 57 so a little more then 50% hatch rate .
The chukar and bobs the bobs are smaller and have more brown in them .
so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I think this thread is just about done. So, Thank you all for joining me! I will be doing another hatch in july, So if yall want yall can join me again! Again thank yall for making this such a fun experience!
Thank you!!! It has been great to enjoy the company of every one here.
love.gif

I have guinea eggs due to hatch tomorrow and have set more chicken eggs due July 17th. After the guinea eggs are done I have banty eggs to go in, probally Monday or Tuesday. Looks like I will be around for awhile?? Be seein' ya!

Thank you!!! It has been great to enjoy the company of every one here.
love.gif

I have guinea eggs due to hatch tomorrow and have set more chicken eggs due July 17th. After the guinea eggs are done I have banty eggs to go in, probally Monday or Tuesday. Looks like I will be around for awhile?? Be seein' ya!
It has been fun. I will definitely be looking for hatching buddies when I set up the incubator next time! Thanks Jake and all involved!

Jake your eggs will be mailed sometime in July, probably with an ice pack! The leghorns all hatched late this hatch (2 died because of this) so I think it is best to incubate them separately. Their eggs however are/will probably fertilized by the cochins (bantam cochins) Do you want leghorn eggs or the brown eggs (varied mix, not as likely to be fertilized by cochins, rather light brahma and blue orpington) If you want both sets of eggs, consider incubating them separately unless you will be able to leave the early hatchers in the incubator for a longer time.

I just posted some close ups in the raising chicks section. The first one shows leghorn/cochins mix :) They are precious! Maybe I can breed some broodiness back in the leghorns!

Well if I send both, I think you should incubate them separately...for some reason the leghorn eggs (all 7) hatched last - 2 days later.

The guineas hatched today!! What a suprise, they wernt due till monday! I had one pip around 9am and when I got home from work at 5 I had 2 little fuzzy butts. The others were all out by 10pm. The hatch went alot faster than I expected. I started with 10 eggs and ended up with 5 babies. 50%, not to bad for a first timer! I hope to brood them with my 4 day old chicks but they are so much smaller... guess we'll see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom