setting eggs on 5/26/11 whos joining me

squeak1387

Chirping
8 Years
May 15, 2011
bronson, fl
I am setting an interesting little bunch in my incubator on 5/26/11 was wondering if anyone else was planing to set then.
in incubator
23 quail eggs
5 polish eggs
6 saxony duck eggs
8 mixed breeds (roster is white leghorn the moms are either barred rocks, silver laced wyandotte or RIR)

this should be fun hatch. will post pics as they go into the bator in a few days. have to wait or ill be having babies while im on vacation. oh how not fun that would be. let me know what you have going and we can hatch togeter. YAY
wee.gif

Hi Anna! I'll be setting eggs here 5/26 --- I've been setting every Thurs this year. More of the same listed below and Mr John has been bringing Delaware eggs the last couple of weeks for me to hatch for him.
I might look around local and see if I can find something *different* to set --- quail or pheasant or turkey, or something.
smile.png

Lisa

If u go the rout of quail be careful with other animals (cats and dogs) I my pup decided that my newest baby quail were a great snack. I couldn't belive it. He doesn't mess with the chicks or ducks but something about them quail. Lol I felt so bad so now I have puppy proofed their brooder for this next pullet

I set a dozen under my silkie today, a few days ahead of you but still pretty close. So excited, this is my first broody and first time hatching so hope she does good.
fl.gif

I just got 2 silkies not sure if they are male or female, but none of my hens go broody, hopefully one is a girl cause id love to make babies with out an incubator atleast once. I bet
That is so exciting

Only on day 5 but got impatient and candled. See veins on 3 of the 4 I have in the incubator.
celebrate.gif
There are 8 under my silkie, I'm going to candle them tonight. 16 more days to go...
pop.gif
caf.gif
Time needs to hurry up and pass by!

i set 6 silkie eggs on the 26. everything seems to be going good im hoping for 3 out of the 6 atleast

Back
Top Bottom