Setting eggs on 6/18.... anyone wanna join?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BellLisamo, Jun 17, 2009.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Crowing

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:I hear ya there - I now have 7 broodies and two with chicks less than a week old. They have all my silkie eggs and they NEVER go uncovered. Some one is always waiting for another hen to take a "poo break" then the sneaky little so-n-so's steal any uncovered eggs. I think it's even funnier when they come back and go digging underneath each other to see what they can get back.

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    do you candle them all? how do you do that without losing heat and humidty?

3. Cherstin

Cherstin Songster

Jun 13, 2009
    North Port, FL
    Hi, forum! I started some guinea eggs this morning, too. Here's a pic of mine in my little R-Com. Get ready to laugh once you've seen what 10 dozen look like. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's right ... I've got three. [​IMG] It's no 10 dozen but hey, it'll be fun too! Good luck to everyone ... I'm sure I'll be back with plenty of questions on the forum. Last hatch was June 12 and I lost 2 of the three eggs right at hatch because of humidity problems combined with first-time ignorance. [​IMG] Now I'm older and wiser. Good luck, all!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  4. starryeyes

starryeyes Songster

Apr 3, 2009
    I set mine today can i join ??

Starry [​IMG]

5. paddock36

paddock36 Crowing

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I started my eggs on the 17th. I have a mixture of eggs that I won from gamebirdsonly and shipped all the way from Utah. This is my first time hatching in an incubator and homemade too.

6. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:are you talking to me? LOL! well, since mine is a fridge, i take a whole carton or two out, candle them all, throw the duds out, and put them back in the fridge. basically i act like a momma hen getting off the nest for a minute or so to poop. HAHAAA

7. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:of course you can!!!!!!!! whatcha got?

8. Pick-a-LilyFarm

Pick-a-LilyFarm Songster

Jun 19, 2009
    New Boston, NH
    Hi! I'm a newbie, and I just put eggs in the incubator yesterday, the 18th...so I think I'll join you![​IMG]

9. starryeyes

starryeyes Songster

Apr 3, 2009
    ok I have 23 silkie eggs and 15 bantam eggs no clue what kind i got them for $5 a dozen so we shall see. I have 13 ee eggs due Sunday and another 20 ee eggs who need to go in but have to fix the homemade bator it has issues [​IMG] . I realy want the silkie eggs to hatch my rooster was taken last nite and my poor hen has no man now. I am so upset he was show quality something dug under his pen and draged him off. [​IMG] Any way i have 2 hovabators going one with the silkie and bantam eggs and one with 5 duck eggs in it. The big bator has 13 ee in it.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE [​IMG]

10. TACEYPERKINS

TACEYPERKINS Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Medford,Oregon
    Ok, I was feeling a little happy the other day. So, along with the Lemon blue cochins that I set, I also set 6 mottled D'UCCLE and 4 Mille Fluer D'UCCLE. I cant wait till day 21! Mines on july 11th. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: