Setting eggs on 6/18.... anyone wanna join?

Quote:
I hear ya there - I now have 7 broodies and two with chicks less than a week old. They have all my silkie eggs and they NEVER go uncovered. Some one is always waiting for another hen to take a "poo break" then the sneaky little so-n-so's steal any uncovered eggs. I think it's even funnier when they come back and go digging underneath each other to see what they can get back.

Hi, forum! I started some guinea eggs this morning, too. Here's a pic of mine in my little R-Com. Get ready to laugh once you've seen what 10 dozen look like.
lol.png

019b58683900.jpg

That's right ... I've got three.
wink.png
It's no 10 dozen but hey, it'll be fun too! Good luck to everyone ... I'm sure I'll be back with plenty of questions on the forum. Last hatch was June 12 and I lost 2 of the three eggs right at hatch because of humidity problems combined with first-time ignorance.
sad.png
Now I'm older and wiser. Good luck, all!

Last edited:
I started my eggs on the 17th. I have a mixture of eggs that I won from gamebirdsonly and shipped all the way from Utah. This is my first time hatching in an incubator and homemade too.

Quote:
are you talking to me? LOL! well, since mine is a fridge, i take a whole carton or two out, candle them all, throw the duds out, and put them back in the fridge. basically i act like a momma hen getting off the nest for a minute or so to poop. HAHAAA

ok I have 23 silkie eggs and 15 bantam eggs no clue what kind i got them for $5 a dozen so we shall see. I have 13 ee eggs due Sunday and another 20 ee eggs who need to go in but have to fix the homemade bator it has issues
he.gif
. I realy want the silkie eggs to hatch my rooster was taken last nite and my poor hen has no man now. I am so upset he was show quality something dug under his pen and draged him off.
hit.gif
Any way i have 2 hovabators going one with the silkie and bantam eggs and one with 5 duck eggs in it. The big bator has 13 ee in it.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
thumbsup.gif

Ok, I was feeling a little happy the other day. So, along with the Lemon blue cochins that I set, I also set 6 mottled D'UCCLE and 4 Mille Fluer D'UCCLE. I cant wait till day 21! Mines on july 11th.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom