Setting eggs on 6/18.... anyone wanna join?

Going to go candle one last time and lock down the bator. Here's hoping for some good hatching for everyone in the next few days!
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

I have 8 hatched and more pips from my 6/15 hatch. And then I am another day behind everyone else on the next one. Thats gonna be my Muscovies, a few banties and my June Swap eggs! I cant wait!

Finally got around to doing the final candling and lock down. 10/18 left of my banty cochins from Danny. A couple of more late quitters. There are still the two with the wonky air cells that I'm worried about - but they were moving still.

And on my own eggs - 5 cuckoo maran X's looking good and 9 banty egg crosses looking good.

Oh and one of them even peeped at me. I don't know why but my banties seem to lay 19/20 day eggs. I wonder if it is the serama hen's egg...

Just for fun - anyone want to take a guess at how many NN I get out of the 14 eggs from my own yard???
wink.png

Argh, this is the hardest part! Looks like my eggs are still good, and the few that are questionable don't smell bad, so I assume they'll be okay for a couple more days. I had terrible issues with keeping the humidity up during my last hatch, so I Macgyvered some tubing to the water wells in the incubator to eliminate the need to open the whole thing if I need to add water.
I will be biting my nails for the next few days, but I should start having some pips around Wednesday.
Good luck everybody! We're almost done!
fl.gif

I'm unexpectedly joining in! I have a bunch of orphaned eggs in the bator-mama hen got eaten by something last night. It's a bad time for us to take on baby chicks, but we couldn't let them go- the sweet hen worked hard on them. At least some are viable and may start appearing tomorrow.

Laura

Quote:
awww bless her heart. im sorry to hear about your loss. your so sweet for trying to hatch them on your own.

good luck!
hugs.gif

Ok so I set mine on 19 how do you count do you count the day you set them as day one or the day after?

This batch is sure slow going. I've got about 8 more today, and several pips. Now this is what an expecting father does waiting to see whats gonna be born!
fl.gif
Guess I'll just have to wait longer...
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom