Setting eggs on 6/18.... anyone wanna join?

Phyll'sFarmFamily :

Just found this thread when I was trying to find out what to do.

I had 11 shipped eggs that were due yesterday (18th)
One was missing from the nest after about 10 days.
On the 6th there was a destroyed one out of the nest.
One hatched the 17th and 1 on the 18th.

My broody went outside with the 2 babies and left her nest. I know that she was on it at noon and at 3 she was outside.
The eggs were cool (it's about 85 today)

I don't have an incubator so I have put the 7 remaining eggs in a box with pine shavings and a heating pad over them. The temp is around 100.

What do I do??????
How long should I wait?

I usually leave mine in for an extra 3 days. I pray the remaining 7 make it for you!!!!! If they are strong they will make it. Keep us updated!!!!​

I have babies!!!!!!
jumpy.gif
Chickies that is. 3 Beautiful lemon blue cochins so far, Ihave a 4th that is zipping right now and a couple more that have piped! I will try to get pictures loaded later. They are so cute. There is a blue, a black and a buff-ish one so far. YEAHHHHHH!
ya.gif

I had 1 more hatch just a few minutes ago. And another that died after pipping. So out of 21 that looked good on day 18... so far I have 6 hatched, 2 dead after pipping, and the rest are just sitting there. No pips, no peeps, no wiggles.. and it's almost the end of day 22. I am hoping that they are just late and will start all popping out any minute.
fl.gif

Wondering if any of you can let me know how long from "pip to zip" takes place. I notice one of mine pipped around 2:30pm this afternoon, and then went out to dinner later and came back to two more, but they just have their little cracks in the shell, and peeping. What is a NORMAL time or approximate for a chick to zip out??? Please.....

Today is only day 20 for my hatch. I had one egg wiggle a lot last night, but it's been quiet all day.

My last hatch was a couple days late, probably because we lost power in the middle of the hatch and therefore didn't have a high enough temp for that day. This hatch has had a consistent temp, and everything looks normal, so think happy hatching thoughts for these little guys. I think being in touch with others hatching at the same time has heightened my anticipation. Thanks everybody. Thanks for supporting each other and sharing your hatching stories.

I promised myself I'd go to bed on time tonight and not fret over early birds. I hope I can stick to it.
hmm.png

All of my muscovies are dead. Looks like they just quit. I candeled them at lockdown and was questionable on whether or not they were alive. They werent.
hit.gif

hit.gif
OMG i am so sorry my heart goes out to you had a bad hatch last time lost 30 eggs its so depressing. Hugs

I lost more than half of my previous hatch due to humidity issues... I think alot of them got shrink-wrapped inside the egg & weren't able to hatch.
This hatch has been much better, though- 13 chicks total, 10 from our flock & 3 araucanas. Two eggs remain, and I don't think they're going to do much. I'll leave them in for another day or two just to be sure. I'll take more pics tomorrow afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom