Setting eggs on 6/18.... anyone wanna join?

mostly bantam cochins
smile.png
and a ton of mixed babies. they are so cute!

I have had some hatch....I have 3 Welsummers, about 25 Black Cochins, 2 RIR, 1 or 2 BR ( hard to tell)

They are so cute running around...I was trying to get a pic and they are all blurry,LOL

Quote:
waahoo!!! holy smokes!

hey, did ya get to send the guinea eggs yet? They will be the last hatch for me, til it cools down.

They went out today(sorry about the delay).............I ended up with a pay job and a cold at the same time, so I am beat. They are fresh packed this morning and should get there tomorrow is what they told me at the Post office

Evening, Everyone:

I expected my shipped eggs today, but they didn't show up. Maybe they will be here tomorrow. I'm planning to let them sit one day before I set them. My incubator is ready now, but I find I have a more successful hatch when shipped eggs have a day to rest before going into the incubator.

My Polish and Houdan chicks are forming cliques already. It's odd to look into the brooder and see all of one color sleeping together and all of the other eating together. How do they know what kind of chicken they are?

I finally got word from all the people I'm getting eggs from. I will be setting my next hatch (the last hatch for me this season) on Friday or Saturday. My eggs have been promised by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

I'll be setting Barnevelder, Brabanter, and some mystery eggs. These will be my Dutch babies. My
bow.gif
mother-in-law is from Lissa, Holland, so she is happy to hear that we will have some "real" chickens soon.

Do we need to start a new thread? I'm still new at this, so I'm not sure what's best.

Here's a funny picture of Chicken Stu. He's a raucous little cockerel and will become Sunday dinner as soon as he's big enough. His attitude is overbearing, and since he's a cross, he won't be part of my breeding program next year.
34274_dsc_0004_small.jpg

I had a lot of fun hatching with you guys. I've joined a thread called

Okay I am gonna try again!!!! by drmeyes236

I'm going to set a hatch tomorrow, so I want to have people who can help if I have questions or listen if I need to rant. I should have the last of my eggs tomorrow morning. I want everything to hatch at the same time, so I'm waiting one more day for my last six eggs.

If you're setting a new hatch this week, consider joining the

Okay I am gonna try again!!!! by drmeyes236 thread. Hope I see some familiar faces (avatars).

-- Coral

Back
Top Bottom