Setting Eggs on April 24th!!!! Who wants to hatch along w/me???

Up to five out of seven!!!!!

Looks like another Sebright
smile.png
Hope everyone else is doing good... the end of the day is coming, everyone who has been at work might have surprises!!!

4604444747_70d8261104.jpg

4604431295_f03410dbfa.jpg

Last edited:
Well I don't have anymore chicks but I do have 3 more pips, hopefully chicks soon, I see lots of movement.

I hope you guys have lots of surprises and pictures to share!

Well I just got off work and i got LOTS of surprises. We are on about day 26 or so and I thought the worst of my GGBobs but when I woke this morning I found 2 bobs and amzingly 2 little bantys...thought that would be it but when I got home tonight to get out the babies and put them in the brooder......I FOUND 12 BOBS AND 3 BANTYS!

HERE ARE SOME PICS
celebrate.gif

56502_banty_2.jpg

56502_banty1.jpg

56502_bob2.jpg

56502_brooder1.jpg

10 more bob eggs and over a dozen more bantys and several others still to hatch the rest of the bobs should be hatched tomorrow found one with a pip while removing the babies. The rest of the bunch should be hatching out within the next two weeks...needless to say I will have a FULL brooder!
thumbsup.gif

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...thank you for all the pictures....so sweet.
Hope I will have good news to share soon.
A lttle worried.but not to bad yet.
My first hydrometer read 67 when I calabrated it....so have added 8 points this hatch.
Bought second one.calabrated 73...
Tonight, my darn hydrometers read the same......Had my hubby double check and he read the same.
Now I do not know what the heck my humidity is....still going with the new one, which is 63 right now.
Hate this.tomorrow is day 21.
Just realized.I am not honest.feel like I am going to throw up being worried that something went wrong.
I still have my beautiful broody hen but all my copper blue marans are in the inc.
Need Valium.IV.....(just kidding)
Good luck eveyone.
Toni

GUESS WHAT? GUESS WHAT??????

Day 21 and I woke up to 5 pips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wee.gif

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif

I was so sure nothing would hatch and they proved me wrong !!! HOWEVER, I had to come to work
sickbyc.gif
Now I am worried about them!!!!

BUT DID I MENTION I HAVE 5 PIPS?????

celebrate.gif

celebrate.gif

P.S., hello newcomers
welcome-byc.gif
and the pics of the chicks are sooooooooooo cute
love.gif

AW Yay! SM so glad youve got pips!

I checked the nests again this morning sure to find something and I sure did! 5 more (or so I thought) Bobs and took out all the messy empty eggs so I could evaluate how many more were left to hatch...what did I find but a strayed little quail who got turned upside down and at first glance I thought OH NO he's dead! But low and behold it was breathing...I scooped it up and ran it into the house and warmed it up and after about 30 minutes he was tip top. Put him in the brooder with all the others and its doing great! Went back out a few minutes after that and found another empty banty shell...what do I find but a very newly hatched banty baby! YAY! thats 7 more to the brood! now the numbers are 18 GGbobs and 4 Bantys

Good Work missred, glad you got the little quail in time!!!
ya.gif
hugs.gif

I am a NERVOUS WRECK
he.gif
th.gif
sitting here at work......................I won't be worth a hoot all day!!!!
idunno.gif

I WANT TO BE HOME WITH MY NOSE PRESSED UP AGAINST THE INCUBATOR WATCHING THE BABIES!!!!
he.gif

Beautiful pictures!!!!

We are still up to five, but realized after Ginger decided to get off her nest that the other two eggs where placed a few days later, so hopefully today or tomorrow!

Had to put the two eggs left under another broody as mama Ginger was ready to show the five how to live!!!! But sadly, we decided to take mama away because she had so much lice that we were afraid for the babies... treated her last night and hopefully we might bring her back and let her finish up with them
smile.png

Can't wait to see everyones babies!!!

Back
Top Bottom