Setting Eggs on April 24th!!!! Who wants to hatch along w/me???

HI,
I lost that little chick and am to upset to talk about it right now.................
All others are doing fine.I have a final count of 24.
Really blew it on some...........
So, if you need a good laugh here goes......I did not keep track of which came from which eggs and now am uncertain which are my black copper marans..the blues are self evident. Had some mixed eggs from a different rooster in the hatch....O WELL....I 'll do better next time.
I know when I put them in the brooder.....but not sure now.
Someone will be getting some really nice marans for a very low price.

What on earth am I going to do with the mixed breeds under my broody's.......27 eggs being set on at this time.
Next time I will remove all but a few.

I like the idea of a never ending thread..........
I am certain we will not run out of stories.
Later........
smile.png

toni, I am so sorry for your loss....
hugs.gif
I know it is hard to go through.

Happy for you on your other babies!!!!!
ya.gif

When is your broody due??????? Mine is due next Wednesday the 26th
ya.gif

YES, I LOVE the neverending thread!!!!!!!
wee.gif

11 out!!
2 blue americaunas
1 welsummer
1 speckled sussex (was shrink wrapped due to pipping and not making it out in 24 hours, I went in, got it out of its shell and cleaned it up all in the bathroom with steam-doing pretty good)
7 EEs & EE/americauna mixes

I also have 1 EE almost out, 1 more pipping, 1 with no pip
still waiting on the silky, not holding out much hope
sad.png

1 welsummer pipped a hole, but looks like it is drying out, 1 welsummer has no pip

this is still day 21 till this afternoon, around 2ish.

So Lock Down was yesterday.
big_smile.png
Candled about 20 of the 90. I think they look good. Most shells are totally dark but one clearly had a live chick in it but looked only half full of chick, does that make sense?
hmm.png
Air pocket appeared the same as the rest. In the past I blamed that on my temp not being the same in my Little Giant, but now I have the GQF and the temp has stayed the same. Has anyone else noticed that before? Did it hatch? I marked it so I will have an idea. It is a green egg so probably pure EE.

left to hatch -
2 EE
1 welsummer
1 red silkie

How do I figure hatch rates? I know not to count the non fertile... but how do you figure in quitters?

Last edited:
Sorry I am a bit late to check in...

clap.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!
clap.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif

wee.gif
clap.gif
And GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Silkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!
clap.gif
wee.gif

I am having my first experience with Silkies. Just had to buy 2 chicks at the feed store before I started my hatch because I just knew I'd kill em. And now they are a little over 3 months(still in my back bathroom, the lil roo "baby crows" to my in the morning
lol.png
) and by far the sweetest, most interesting chicks I have ever had.
Named my buff roo McNugget! He looks like the wonky nuggets you get a McD's.

Toni, I sure know how you feel, I blew it on my last ones too
barnie.gif
he.gif
hit.gif
And was not sure I would be incubating again anytime soon, but seeing my poor hen with her last 5 eggs, I had to!! I wanted to have a little back up plan for her and me!! It did take a few days for me to stop doing this
he.gif
hit.gif
But it did get better
hugs.gif
These were more than just chicks to me, and I am sure you feel the same.

I feel like a nut here, I actually COUNTED THEIR TOES when they hatched!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
(that was my husband!)

Well I set 4 of my own flock's eggs in my lovely homemade dinky-bator. These are gonna be a total mystery, got a mutt roo, and 2 eggs from my BR, and 2 from my EEs. I can't wait to see the shenanigans my bator pops out!!

Can't wait to see what is going on with everyone today....
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom