Setting Eggs on April 24th!!!! Who wants to hatch along w/me???

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
Toni not the Nubian babies!!!!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I LOVE those, been trying to convince hubby I NEED one!! I am really sorry to hear about that...I know I too would feel devastated too
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
Happy to hear your broodies are doing good!!

And hear I go again, I am sooooo excited about the Showgirls!!! Gonna grab some BCM eggs to add to this batch, next bator fires up this weekend!!!

wee.gif

Is bcm black or blue.or how do you write blue..............
Mine are Blue copper..............If you are looking for some I would be happy to send them to you.
My last ones.....born 2 weeks ago are beautiful.
Hope everyone is well.realized this afternoon I am getting really excited about the first due broody.
She nested right next to the house o the east side...half way down a hill.
My husband made a cage and put over her for safety................

Will update when she is Mom.
Later

happy to announce we are up to 16 chicks!!! We are getting a lot of fun ones, we like to call the Chocolate Chip Cookies
smile.png

They seem to be cream with reddish colored faces, and black spots.... Only thing we can think of is our red pyle game bantam girl and a sebright rooster... seeing how if was the male red pyle they would not be spotted!!!! But we have never seen her hang out with the Sebright males, so we are confused... there are like 6 of this "Choco Chip Explosion" coloring.

But will find time to post pictures this weekend
smile.png

two moms each have 8 chicks, and another hen is finishing up the round with 4 under her
smile.png
95% hatch rate as of now
smile.png
Could not be happier! (only one was not fertile back in the beginning)

Here is a shot of the feet, some yellow and blue coloring...
4651052669_f6c13416ea.jpg

Some shots of different choco chips...

4651056655_7ef2eb88a7.jpg

4651058569_b2cd044c44.jpg

Last edited:
Toni, I am so very sorry
hit.gif
about the goat and chickens. That must of been devastating. I am sending lots of
hugs.gif
your way.
Also, glad your broodies are doing well!! My baby bantams are so precious, I can't stop staring at them
love.gif

Scubadeaux, CONGRATS!!
ya.gif
on winning the eggs!! That is awesome!!!

Bantamfarmer, way to go on the chicks!!
wee.gif
That is exciting!!

Love this thread and glad we keep each other up to date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugs.gif

Not much going on here, my broody continues to sit on nothing
smack.gif
, cannot wait til my eggs in the bator get a bit further along to give her one so she can "move on".
My Silkie babes are crazy fun!!
wee.gif
And I just "graduated" a few out of my back bathroom!
wee.gif

And I had a crazy idea, tell me if you think this will work...have 2 Silkie roos, and 2 younger Buff Orphington pullets, I want to keep them together to see if you know...anything happens...a Silkie/Orphington mix might be neat??!!
Here they are:
55327_theorphingtons.jpg
And the roos
55327_mcnuggeteurekagraduate.jpg

Anyone seen these 2 mixed before??

Go on Bantamfarmer, love the chocolate chips!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
gig.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Show your babies!!
old.gif

congratulations on all the new babies.......and the pictures are precious.
I am going to set about 15 or so Blue Copper Maran eggs tomorrow.......
I just cannot throw these eggs away. Saved them for someone that wanted to buy them and she backed out.

Guess I am getting past my loss last weekend.
My husband was a sweetie and has done security work in the barn.
We think it was a big cat that took our lttle goat.

I still have a few chicks I have not defined for sure..............the marans have feathered legs so that helps.............The Orps are a week older than my hatch..but some chicks are questionable.
Guess I will just keep the ?? ones and see how they turn out.
Take care all and most of all............have fun

My Goodness
th.gif
my broody got up and in her nest were 3 pips!! They seemed barely alive
th.gif

I think they actually pipped a few days ago, I thought I heard something...I chipped a bit for one to push more of its' beak through and it really perked up. Thank goodness she came back!! I don't know if any of these guys are going to make it...the membranes seem dry.

Going to check on her...
fl.gif
I hope she does good
fl.gif
pleeeeaaasssseeeeee
fl.gif

sad.png
I may have messed up again
sad.png
..now she won't completely sit on the one I kinda helped. They are not tweeting at all...humidity has to be good, it is Louisiana and it is raining!!!
idunno.gif

I sure hope this goes ok, and to top it off she is a bit of a meanie anyway this broodiness makes her, mmmm shall we say extra sensitive
hide.gif

yikes
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom