Setting Eggs on April 24th!!!! Who wants to hatch along w/me???

Hey guys, having a strange hatch over here
hu.gif
had 5 hatch and 7 left, on day 25 and they are still moving
hu.gif

First 5 hatched perfect, and all healthy. Got 7 wiggling eggs still in there, all have died at this point with my previous hatches...just going to ride it out with em!

clap.gif
Toni congtrats on the babies!!! Cattitude
fl.gif
happy hatching vibes your way for those guinea babies
fl.gif

newlyweds
fl.gif
sending you some happy hatching vibes too, I really hope this one goes good
fl.gif

idunno.gif
well, going to go check on the bator...
idunno.gif

so strange, I am trying to make peace with the fact that the last 7 eggs in my bator won't make it...but they are still moving!!
barnie.gif

Makes it really hard to just pull the plug! I can only figure they had low temps...if it was humidity too high or low they would be dead by now..they are on day 26!! And still wiggling, I wake up every morning thinking they will be dead, and no!!

idunno.gif

Sorry Scuba, do you think you should try to help? Have you candled to see if they have pipped the air cell? They are probably to big to hatch, but maybe you could pip the air cell and see if you could help them from there.

I agree..It was suggested to me to open the top of the egg just a little to see if they had pipped the air cell.
There could be problems with deformed legs though from being in the egg so long.think that is what happened with the one I helped this time.
Any chirping...............
Good Luck, I know it is hard to pull that plug.
hugs.gif

I actually was able to candle them inside the bator, all have perfect air cell size.
That was my worry and after seeing the size of the air sacs, I don't think they are too big...and humidty has been just right...only thing I can see is a low temp. And no chirpping...but I did hear cracking a LOT yesterday, but saw nothing
idunno.gif

And the movement is wild, almost vibrating!! They are really trying...I am gonna give it another day or two. I have heard of some hatching healthy at 27 days...we shall see!!!

fl.gif

Wow that is amazing, go chickies go!!! Glad you were able to candle them and see good things. Is there any possible way you have their due date off? I am just searching here for any answers to why they would be soooo late. Keep us updated.

iluvschickees- We've all been incubating since April 24th or even before, that a long time, lol!

...and they are STILL moving!!
barnie.gif
Really?? My hubby thinks I am suffering from a grand hallucination...but I know what I see!

Just waiting, like hubby says, something is gonna happen. And I am not going to pip any of them...don't want a worse situation on my hands literally!! I am planning on getting more eggs from the person I bought these from because I hatched the most precious, fat fluffy calico silkie baby(only one..want MORE!!)...all were beautiful, but this person has good stock. I don't know a whole lot about breed standards, but this is by far the most precious thing I have ever seen!!

I am trying to find my memory card for my camera...it jumped out and ran away
wee.gif
LOL I have got to post a pic of my boos!!

Well, watching patiently....either they will or they won't...
caf.gif

Have you guys seen the auctions running on Ebay for the eggs from Marans Of Mississippi?? They have gotten over $200/doz!!!
The darkest eggs I have ever seen..well, someone hatched from that line and posted an ad locally for eggs and chicks available..I am dying to get my hands on these...they sold a doz last night, went for over $100!! She is only an hour and a half away, I would prefer chicks to eggs given my incubation experience LOL

Back
Top Bottom