Setting Eggs on April 24th!!!! Who wants to hatch along w/me???

HEY GUYS !!!!!
ya.gif
LONG TIME, NO TALK TO!

Been busy with my son's 4H and the fair! He got 1st place
thumbsup.gif
with his bantam salmon faverolle cockerel (beat out 12 others) and he got 1st place with the pullet too!!!(beat out 8 others) I WAS A PROUD MAMA!!!

He also placed with 1 of his hogs and placed in hog showmanship!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a great week.

Probably not going to hatch anything for awhile. We have always had to keep the hogs at someone's elses farm, which makes for a lot of running for me. So I decided, to give up half of my chicken barn to make a hog pen..............I will still have a pen for my egg layers and a pen for his show birds. I told my son this and I told him, "when you are all done w/ 4H, I will make it back in to chicken pens. His response was...................are you ready............."mom, you will be a lot older then!" ARE U KIDDING ME! LOL
lau.gif

We are only talking 6 yrs here!!!!!! I told him if I had to, I would take my "hover round" up and collect eggs!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif

Glad to see you are all doing well! My welsummer's I hatched this last time are huge and beautiful and doing well!

Glad you get back on the forum and talk with all of you! I MISSED CHATTING WITH YA
love.gif

Scuba- any updates??

smchickfarm- Way to go to your son for winning that's great! How fun. Sorry to hear that your not going to be hatching anymore, after these in the bator I am taking a break also.

On other news my 19 EE's and OE's went into lockdown today, wish me luck! I am hoping for a successful hatch.

celebrate.gif
smchickfarm
celebrate.gif
Congrats on the win!!!
thumbsup.gif

newlyweds Hoping your hatch is great
fl.gif
please keep us updated!!

Well...THEY ARE STILL MOVING
frow.gif
I am thinking about maybe just pipping one to see...but geezz...I am just not sure. Wish one of you could be here with me to hold my hand!! This is soooo weird..I am guessing they are not gonna make it, and I am not satisfied with 4 silkies...I want to keep the calico going, this is the finest chick, wider than it is long...falls asleep face first in the food bowl
tongue.png
, so I am already trying to line up a few more...figures! Hate to get something I like so much and not have the ability to continue it.

And if I cannot get the chicks from Mississippi, I guess I will be going one more hatch on the Marans. I really want to be getting those eggs by spring next year...

Well, watching them ever so patiently...
caf.gif

Scuba- if you do decide to pip the shell over the air cell, I know there is a really good thread (in the sticky at top) all about it. I have done it a few times, only thing i know for sure if you pip the shell and the chick is alive, and you see blood vessels, stop! But if the chick has pipped the air cell, go ahead and make the membrane bigger, and if you don't see any blood, you could possibly remove it completely, very very slowly.

Have you heard any chirping? Or just movement? Let us know what you do. Best of luck!

just checked on them...still moving, and a lot!! Lots of obvious rocks and wiggles
idunno.gif
I really cannot hear anything other than the occasional cracking sound
idunno.gif
And I have 10 babies in brooders in there, and a radio on low, so unsure if they are peeping...

I am still not sure I am going to "go in". That is so dicey...I hand hatched 2 so far with my previous hatches, but they were pipped. At least if they are pipped I know they are at the actual hatch stage...these guys are driving me nuts
barnie.gif

will keep you all posted...

still moving...tomorrow is day 28...this is getting weird. Best I can guess is that there may have been some some temp spots in the bator and they may have just gotten off to a later start. and there weirdest thing..I tossed the eggs that had blood rings or were completely clear...I set 6 that if anything looked like late quitters..now these eggs sat on my bathroom floor overnight , and I just could not sleep..just felt compelled to given a chance, so the next day I put them in for lockdown. These eggs had a little more than just a thick looking yolks, lota of fluid..but now they are moving too!!
th.gif

I was really scared I was seeing things so I unplugged the fan to see if the vibration was causing the movement...ruled that out!

I will keep you posted...the is the strangest hatch ever, I have never seen them live past day 23-25...hoping for a miracle here
fl.gif

ok, I did it...O pipped the shells and from the looks of it they really had some deformities, none viable. But it is ok...did not upset me too much because they all looked a total mess. I am going on Ebay now o get more from this seller...and maybe a few black copper marans.
I am not discouraged easily..and I am so impressed with these chicks, super fluffy, and really friendly, not skiddish...I need more...

bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom