Setting Eggs on April 24th!!!! Who wants to hatch along w/me???

Wolfwoman
Happy hatching vibes
fl.gif
Please keep us posted, I LOVE THOSE!!

thumbsup.gif

Hi all.

welcome Wolfwoman! I just love those Russian Orloff's soooo cute!! Were did you buy your eggs?

Well I am happy to report that I am having my most successful hatch to date. I already have 2 hatched and healthy and 8 more pips. My original zipper must be stuck in the shell because it hasn't made much progress since yesterday morning. I am super tempted to help, but I won't in pure fear of harming the rest that are pipped. Oh did I mention today is just day 20! I have one EE and one OE hatched they are both soo cute!
love.gif
I guess I will never get over hatching, especially now that I have something hatching.
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Hello Everyone. I am very excited to report that as I type I now have 14 chicks and another zipping as we speak. So 15 out of 19 I would say is pretty dang good, oh and to mention today is just day 21!! I will be sure to post some pictures once everyone has dried and looks all cute and poofy! So far I have 4 EasterEggers and 10 Olive Eggers, quite the colorful bunch.

Hope everyone is doing well. Did I mention I also have a group of blues in my 2nd bator will go into lockdown on those next monday. Yikes, hubs keeps saying now these are it right? No more this year right???? Hmmmmm I always avoid answering, ha ha. How addicting is this hatching?? Especially when it goes well???

Such great news....................
celebrate.gif

Was it the new bater do you think?

I have a broody hen and no pure eggs GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Bet I find some
wink.png

Later.......................

Just a quick hello to check in.
Not much going on here..just watching the little ones grow and hoping to sell three of my BCM cockerels.
I hate for them to go for soup..especially one who is very nice in size and color so far.
Have I told you I lost some chicks to squirrels..never imagined they would kill ...
I had the babies outside in what I thought was a safe brooder..................I took the wire off the bottom so they could scratch and enjoy the fresh dirt........................I saw a squirrel run away from the brooder box.
In what had to be a very short amount of time , it had dug into the brooder and killed chicks.
I do not need to tell you I am heartsick .in trying to make it better for the chicks.I exposed them to a preditor.
These were good sized chicks.6 weeks...
I am so excitd for you newlyweds.................
wee.gif

Guess that is about it................
Hope everyone is well...................

Hey peeps!!!

newlyweds
I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
hugs.gif
Please post pics if you can!!!!

Wolfwoman
Thanks for letting us know where you got your Orloffs. I am going to try and another hatch of those, my pullet has a crooked beak
roll.png
Please let us know know the hatch goes, I would love to see those babies!!

justtoni44 sorry to hear about the loss of the babies, that is weird. I have a very large squirrel here, and my ducks follow that thing around all day..

Well, I am planning to do it again!! I cannot believe I am saying this, but I am going to try Silkies AGAIN!! And HOPEFULLY some Black Coppers. Got the bator cleaned, and running to get regulated...hopelessly addicted!! And so happy to be!!
celebrate.gif

I can't believe I forgot to post pictures. These chicks are so much fun, and do they sure do poop alot, lol!

Here's my EE's
DSC_0059-1.jpg

and some of my blue OE's
DSC_0069-1.jpg

and a group shot.
DSC_0022-2.jpg

Thanks Toni- how would I like to guess you find some eggs for that broody? What I wouldn't do for a broody hen!! So sorry to hear about that squirrel and 6 week old chicks, wow.

Do it Scuba!! I have eggs in the bator due to hatch next week and I am going to set some cochin mixes, OE's and BCM, tomorrow!! I am hopelessly addicted also, I just hope my hubby understands, lol! Each time he seems less and less resistant. Ha Ha.

Back
Top Bottom