Setting eggs today......So EXCITED! First hatch

MyShunshyn

Songster
9 Years
Jan 16, 2011
Sperrassoville, OK
We are setting eggs for the first time today and are so Excited! Can't wait to see what we get.
We have EE,RR,BR with an EE Roo so they will just ne mutts but I bet they will be pretty.
We also have a Duccle Buff Roo and a Mille Fleur hen so we will have some lil cuties too. Woohoooo!
Anybody else set today?

We are setting eggs for the first time today and are so Excited! Can't wait to see what we get. We have EE,RR,BR with an EE Roo so they will just ne mutts but I bet they will be pretty. We also have a Duccle Buff Roo and a Mille Fleur hen so we will have some lil cuties too. Woohoooo! Anybody else set today?

Best of LUCK!!! We'll be watching!!!...cva34

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HATCHING!!!

So excited!! :)

Please keep us updated!!

I set 28 silkie eggs today! First hatch of the season for me! I can't wait!!! We will have to post pics after our little ones hatch!! Easter weekend is a great hatch time! :)

We are setting eggs for the first time today and are so Excited! Can't wait to see what we get. We have EE,RR,BR with an EE Roo so they will just ne mutts but I bet they will be pretty. We also have a Duccle Buff Roo and a Mille Fleur hen so we will have some lil cuties too. Woohoooo! Anybody else set today?

Oh NO! I had to go out this morning and when I got hom the temp in my incubator was up to 107! I dont know what happened it was fine when I left the house. It could only have been that warm for about an hour will they be ok?

Probably... just keep them going until Friday or Saturday then candle them. You'll know for sure then. If it was only up that high for an hour or so, the internal egg temps may not have gotten that high, and if they did it probably wasn't for long.

Thanks Bobbi,

I am nervously awaiting Saturday so I can candle these eggs to see if the incubator fried them. I will be so devistated if they are all gone :(

We shall see soon I hope.

Well, just candled these eggs and half of them had the dreaded blood ring :( when I first saw it 2 days ago I was hoping it was a vein but no just the ring of death, the other half I am thinking are infertile which may mean my only rooster is firing blanks! He is not a year old yet so we shall see. I am leaving the possibly infertile eggs until day 14 to be sure but they look pretty clear to me. I guess I will set some more eggs this weekend and see what happens. Lets hope the incubator doesn't go crazy again and go up to 107 and fry these.
I guess it is try try again.....

Back
Top Bottom