Setting eggs tomorrow night, 3/29/12, anyone want to hatch with us?

yesss.gif
Sorry the pic is blurry. Black Silky chick was hatched this A.M.. Pappa is black, Momma is white. Still waiting on the rest of the eggs

I'm on day 20 and nothing is happening! I am so frustrated, I candled before lockdown and they seemed fine.
sad.png

I did it!!!
wee.gif

I finally candled some of my eggs last night!!! It was day 16 for me and I had been meaning too do it for over a week. But life has been very busy and by the end of the day I'm ready to collapse, so I kept putting it off for "just one more day."

It was my first time to candle, and I must admit it was very cool. I had several that looked good. Since they're so far along I couldn't see much, but we did see some great movement in one!!!

I don't lockdown until tomorrow, but I'm actally enjoying bringing up the rear. Hearing about everyone else helps me not go completely crazy just waiting!!!

I'm sending happy hatching thoughts to all of you!!!
jumpy.gif

Karen

If you go by the "on their back test" this chick is a pullet! CONGRATS!

What a cutie! and this picture cracks my up! LOL
lau.gif

OH SEE AND I WAS GOING BY THE BIG FEET... BIG ????? theory
tongue2.gif

So for all of you who are curious what that baby looked like all dried off!!! Here she is .....

She is a cross between my white silkie rooster and my buff/ orange frizzle cochin bantam ... Yep that makes a chipmunk stripy baby!!! Should be a sizzle????

And a few others I snapped quickly as I ran out the door this morning :

Silkie 1

Silkie 6 last one to hatch!

2 Wheaton Ameruacanas & Silkie ... they looks so GINORMOUS next to the bantams!!!!

Back
Top Bottom