setting eggs tonight!! anyone else?

OOOOOooo pretty!
Looks like mine last year :)

Ok, so not the best representation of my eggs. I had just been turning my eggs so the temp was down and I forgot to turn one before I took the pic!! lol I really don't let my eggs "live" in those conditions. But these are all my eggs. :) Take a moment and admire them with me. ;)

Day 4 has started here! Although I am a little green with envy as I have no blues or greens in my bator. Oh well theres always a next hatch!
wink.png

I have the thermo with a plastic base too, it came with my new turner (I so don't trust my family to turn the eggs when I'm away for work!
smack.gif
). I also got two thermo/ hygrometer combos at one of the local pet stores so I can keep track of both. Cost wasn't to bad even for two and my local shop beat Walmart and K-Mart but not the local chain pet stores. Shopped local cause it is a long time fav and only $3 more overall.
I have part of a day off tomorrow and will try to get my layout photo up. I have lots of wires hanging down so can't use some areas
hmm.png
but my fix and repair job works and like I said the incubator was FREE.

Ok, I really don't feel like starting another thread so I'll ask you guys. (By the way, I love your rainbow of eggs, Corg.)
I've gotten mixed info on sex-links and now I'm confused.
I know their offspring won't be sex-links if they mate with other breeds, but will their eggs hatch? Will it cause deformities, or will they just not be sex-links?

As far as everything I have heard they just wont be sex link.

Thanks! The pic doesnt do the eggs justice. I have got to figure out the best way to photograph eggs.

I think they will just not be sex-link.

Ok, I really don't feel like starting another thread so I'll ask you guys. (By the way, I love your rainbow of eggs, Corg.)
I've gotten mixed info on sex-links and now I'm confused.
I know their offspring won't be sex-links if they mate with other breeds, but will their eggs hatch? Will it cause deformities, or will they just not be sex-links?

They will not be sex link. A "sex link" is a hybrid combination of a red/black bird over a white bird that causes the offspring to hatch males and females of different colors in order to make it easy to identify the sex of the chick. Therefore if you breed a sex link to another sex link it will not be able to carry that traight to its offspring because it is neither white or red/black.

Edited to add, that you can hatch their eggs just fine, but in effect it is just a barnyard chicken, not a breed of any sort.

Last edited:
They will not be sex link. A "sex link" is a hybrid combination of a red/black bird over a white bird that causes the offspring to hatch males and females of different colors in order to make it easy to identify the sex of the chick. Therefore if you breed a sex link to another sex link it will not be able to carry that traight to its offspring because it is neither white or red/black.

Edited to add, that you can hatch their eggs just fine, but in effect it is just a barnyard chicken, not a breed of any sort.

Gotcha! Thank you. :)

Corg, I know the feeling. ;)

Back
Top Bottom