Setting Exciting eggs April 22nd, Anybody with me?

So I candled my goose eggs I thought would never develop, and 3 of 4 have veining! Even the cracked one I sealed with wax is developing! The only one that is not developing is the one with a broken air cell. I hope I am able to get a baby or two to hatch.
fl.gif

Hi, Kelseygirl707,
frow.gif

I will be watching the progress of your eggs with great interest to see how many hatch! I watched the auction (lucky you!
droolin.gif
) and know that your BLRW eggs traveled quite a distance! Soon I will be getting BLRW eggs
ya.gif
and they will be coming from Oklahoma to Grass Valley California. I am concerned, as you were, with what sort of a hatch rate you get from eggs shipped that far?
idunno.gif
Right now I have 4 week old BLRW chicks from eggs I purchased from a breeder in Southern California and out of 18 eggs 9 hatched. I hear 50% is average for shipped eggs so I'm happy. These are my first BLRW's and I'm in love!!
love.gif
You are in for a treat!!

GOOD LUCK!
thumbsup.gif

Hi, I got a dozen faverolles eggs today. They will go into the incubator tomorrow. Very excited about this.

Quote:
Ok, now I am logged in as me.

Hi Chickee
frow.gif

First off
welcome-byc.gif
, I will be happy to keep you updated on these babies! I just candled (Day 4) and even though it's still a little hard to see in them, I know for sure at least 9 of the 13 are developing, I will keep the other 4 in there just to make sure until day 10, and I tossed the one with a broken air cell, as it wasn't doing anything. So I m very happy with my numbers so far

I also just candled my goose eggs, had to toss one as it was starting to ooze, but the other 3 are developing well. I have been cooling 15 minutes a day, and misting them daily. I am soo excited, I just have a good feeling about both of these hatches!

How's everybody elses hatches going?

Last edited:
Quote:
Aww, well that sucks, I have gotten better results from 10 day old refrigerated shipped trader joes fertile eating eggs,
roll.png

I wouldn't buy from that person anymore.

Back
Top Bottom