Setting Feb 16, want to join in>Hatch-Along

Two duckies out now and a third one working on it. I couldn't get the humidity up high enough in my redwood bator so i set up the styrobator and got it up to 80%; hopefully no body else gets shrink wrapped
ducklings are so darned cute. When I have my dream farm with a pond I'll have ducks...

Susan

My 14 are doing great. ;) Tomorrow will be a week since the first one hatched so I finally did way with the remaining four eggs that didn't hatch. It looked like two were not fertile or at least didn't develope at all and the other two had small chickes in them that died along the way.

I just did Mareks, and I got it from jefferspet.com.

Also, here are some pics of who's in the brooder!

The Bantam Sultans (special ordered through the feed store)

Sizzle

Silkie x d'Anver

Sizzle

Sizzle

Bantam Barred Rock

Sizzle

Well three ducklings made it out. Not sure about the other 4 eggs; I did a quick candle last night but didn't see any movement. So wait and see.

This afternoon I was working outside, had company for a bit and when we came in the house I heard peeping; one little BO chick is out, tho I don't see any more action in there yet. So another wait and see

To top that off I bought a GQF digital therm/hydrometer; used the enclosed velco squares to stick it on it's stiff plastic, punched holes in the plastic and made hooks to hang it from the end of the egg tray in the big bator, so I could see through the window. Now I've been having problems getting the humidity up in there for good hatching so I had added some pans of water to the floor of the bator. Can you guess what happened next.....

yes, got up this morning and the glue on the velcro had let go and it was in the water pan..... still drying it out and crossing my fingers it will still work right....

Sounds good Mary, of course electronics fall in water, I think there's some kind of attractive force involved. Just let it get really really dry before you turn it on or replace battery.
Susan

I would have put it in a bag of uncooked rice. That's what they say to do if you drop your phone in water.
Well three ducklings made it out. Not sure about the other 4 eggs; I did a quick candle last night but didn't see any movement. So wait and see.

This afternoon I was working outside, had company for a bit and when we came in the house I heard peeping; one little BO chick is out, tho I don't see any more action in there yet. So another wait and see

To top that off I bought a GQF digital therm/hydrometer; used the enclosed velco squares to stick it on it's stiff plastic, punched holes in the plastic and made hooks to hang it from the end of the egg tray in the big bator, so I could see through the window. Now I've been having problems getting the humidity up in there for good hatching so I had added some pans of water to the floor of the bator. Can you guess what happened next.....

yes, got up this morning and the glue on the velcro had let go and it was in the water pan..... still drying it out and crossing my fingers it will still work right....

Back
Top Bottom