Setting first ever duck eggs today and...the temperature!?!?!?!!!

kikidee

Songster
8 Years
May 30, 2011
San Clemente
So I set my 11 cayuga duck eggs into my still air hova bator and it was preheated at a constant 100-101 degrees F and ever since I put the eggs it it wont get up to 100! so frustrating, now im upping the settings. Also looking for hatching buddies, but hopefully mine hatch!!! I wonder what happened.

oh also, since i thought it would kick up to 100-101 degrees, i went out to eat, so the eggs have experienced nothing but 95 degree F in the incubator until about 20 mins ago. so they were in 95 degree temperature for around an hour and a half. will they be okay?

sounds to me your good! They should be set at 99.5 degrees, so don't think that will hurt at all
smile.png
It's 99.5 degrees for 28 to 35 days!

You're right, it usually is 99.5 for forced air incubators. If you're doing a higher temp in a still air bator make sure you're measuring for it at the top of the eggs. If you're measuring towards the bottom of the eggs the temp will be lower. In my still air, the main thermometer I use in it is set at egg level & it usually reads somewhere around 99.5. When I've measured on top of the eggs it's usually at around 101. Good luck
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom