Setting Silkie eggs from Reesepoultry today

Minniechickmama

Senora Pollo Loco
12 Years
Sep 4, 2009
Minnesota
I received 8 eggs, one was broke, but only expect 6. I am tossing in 3 from my own birds - Dark Cornish hens and an EE roo, just for fun and to check his fertility. I also have 10 Cayugas in and on day 10.

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
I am wishing you the very best of luck with your silkie hatch!
smile.png

How are the Cayugas coming along?

Minniechickmama

Senora Pollo Loco
12 Years
Sep 4, 2009
Minnesota
I candled today. I see some big dark stuff in about half, one I could see the little bugger moving around, but it was small. I should get a chart to see what I should see today. One is kind of weird looking, there is like a line of blood on one part of it, and you can see veining, but I don't see the "blob" that should be the embryo. Some of the eggs are real dark green so it is hard to see real good. We will find out in time. I figure I should candle once or twice a week just to make sure I don't have a stink bomb in there. The Silkies are such cute little eggs!

Minniechickmama

Senora Pollo Loco
12 Years
Sep 4, 2009
Minnesota
I candled the Silkies last night and all 7 have blood rings! Yippee, they survived the cold. Also, my 3 DC X EEs are showing rings.

Minniechickmama

Senora Pollo Loco
12 Years
Sep 4, 2009
Minnesota
Going into lockdown on Sunday. I lost one of them. I still have movement in 5. That other one still had movement 3 days ago when I candled, but last night was no more. Only about 1/2 the egg was shadowed and the others are well over 3/4. I got a batch of chicks this week from Sand Hill and they are doing very well. Half of those are going to someone else. Well, okay, 1/3 of them
wink.png

Top Bottom