Setting this morning due 2/13, anyone wanna hatch with me? Got a PIC!

BawGock

Songster
11 Years
Jan 21, 2009
Idaho Panhandle, USA
Hi Guys,
I had 16 BBS silkie eggs arrive here yesterday that I just set this morning after resting them for 24hrs.
This is my second experience with shipped eggs and I'm kinda nervous.
The eggs were packed very well and didn't travel that far but one was broken so I know they didn't have the most pleasant trip.
I candled them before setting and 4 had bubbles moving in them as I rotated the egg.
Man, I hope I get something out of these eggs.
fl.gif

Carolyn

Last edited:
jumpy.gif
I'm putting some in the bator this morning too.(if I can leave BYC) I've got a few EE's, Seramas, Yokahamas, White-faced black spanish banty crossed with a Spangle banty roo, & my first Silver pheasant egg. I'm ready!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I set Silkie eggs this morning also...So I am with ya!...I also had one broke so I am hoping the other ones are alright...Now the wait begins...Good Luck!

~Laura

Hi guys!
I took a peek at my eggs yesterday and I only see 3 out of the 15 developing. I usually wait until the 7th day to check so I will do my "official" candling and culling then.
I'm naturally disappointed but also know not to set my expectations too high on shipped eggs.
As anyone else in this thread candled yet?
Hope you have more developing than I do!
fl.gif
:fl
Carolyn

I'm setting today for 2/19 hatch. 16 dutch eggs, and 15 d'uccles. YAY! I'll hatch wit ya! Using a Suro rcom 20 incubator for the first time. Eggcited to see how she hatches!

Geesh we are not doing very good...Out of 7 eggs that I had delivered in the mail....I had one break in shipment...I set 6 Silkie eggs and only 2 (white) fertile for sure..I can see the little chickies moving...I have one (bbs) which the fertility is iffy....2 of the 3 LF Brahamas are also fertile and the other one is hard to see so I will wait...

Boy my incubator looks kinda empty...
sad.png
...I guess I will have to give it another go after these babies (hopefully) hatch...

Good Luck with yours Carolyn!

~Laura

Back
Top Bottom