Setting today 9-11 anyone with me?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SEMCNABB, Sep 11, 2011.

1. SEMCNABB

SEMCNABB Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    South Mississippi
    I am setting 10 Ameraucana, 9 Mottled Houdan, and 4 White Crested Blue Polish. Anyone else setting? And what?

2. SEMCNABB

Jul 2, 2011
    South Mississippi
    No one?[​IMG][​IMG]

3. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Hi there, i set today so i will join you. I set 12 x PEKIN AND SILKIE BANTAM HATCHING EGGS, INCLUDING FRIZZLE, i am looking forward to the surprise of what i get hatch out.
    Well i hope i get some hatch, these where posted but arrived in very good condition.
    Good luck with your hatch [​IMG]

4. SEMCNABB

Jul 2, 2011
    South Mississippi
    I got in mail too but it has not been so hot here. This is y 2nd try, 1st was mailed eggs, it was one of the hottest weeks we had when they came,but it was more me not knowing what to do. Good luck!!! I so hope my wcbp and my mh make it:D [​IMG][​IMG]

5. chickenlove74800

chickenlove74800 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2011
    It is day 5 for my OEG eggs. I got 14 eggs in the mail. So far I have confirmed that 4 of them are alive. I saw the embryos when I candled yesterday. They were so cute![​IMG] They moved around the egg and everything. I hope these eggs hatch. I am planning on showing one in the fair.[​IMG] good luck!!!!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  6. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    I set one RIR egg today. I have 27 in the bator and I promised myself I was done for the season BUT it just seemed wrong not to put this one giant egg in the bator. So I marked it special and put my son's name on it. He has served in Iraq twice and on his way over again in April.

7. copperpot

copperpot Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2011
    Western Pennsylvania
    I just set on 9/10. I'll join too. I've got 12 gold laced wyandotte -won on ebay, and 10 Easter Egger mixes (Black Ameraucana x Red sexlink and Tetra Tints) -home grown. I've got 12 pullets but they don't produce enough for my family.

I built my incubator using the BYC Incubator pages. Omaha Steak Styrofoam container, small personal fan, hot water heater thermostat, 2 light sockets, 2 40 watt bulbs, some plexiglass, a straw, fishtank airline tubing, a plastic dish, some zip ties, wire fencing, duct tape, piece of pvc pipe, and plastic canvas for the egg tray & dividers (not as sturdy as I though it would be), but it is working and i can turn the eggs without opening the bator.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What are you all using to hatch?

8. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    I have 2 brinsea octagon 20, 1 incubates and the other i use to hatch. Love your home made bator, i would love to make my own but i'm totally useless at making any thing.
    Good luck to every one [​IMG]

9. SEMCNABB

Jul 2, 2011
    South Mississippi
    I have a Hova bator , got it from a friend. Is working good. I can't wait to see if they are doing anything!!! I hope to get some nice Polish from ths.

10. copperpot

copperpot Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2011
    Western Pennsylvania
    Is anyone candling today?

I did mine yesterday and most of my Golden Laced Wyandotte's are developing. WHOOHOOO!

My homegrown eggs fertilized by the Black Ameraucana, I can't tell yet. The shells are too dark. Or maybe the 100 watt bulb isn't enough.

I had my incubator in the garage but there was too much temperature fluctuation. Once it got up to 104. Since I moved it inside it is better but still on the low side. I'm getting temps around 97 - 100 degrees.

Mary Ann

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by