Setting today 9-11 anyone with me?

I candled last night all but 2 look good!!! And all are shipped eggs I won on e-bay. My WCBP and MH are developing, only 2 out of 10 Ameraucana not!!!!!!!
wee.gif

I set mine on the 10th.

11 BR eggs for my first try at breeding dual purpose.

I am using a homemade bator my darling made me. I do have a little trouble with temp. but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I candled half yesterday and the rest the day before. A lot of veins. Yippee!!!!

One has a broken air cell but was developing. I haven't tossed it yet.

One was even moving.

Last time I did this only one hatched. I am hoping to do better since I do not have to move the incubator like I did last time. (from school and back)

My temps are giving me problems too. I keep adjusting the thermostat but it keeps fluctuating from 97 - 99 degrees. I think my chicks will hatch late but at least most of them (the ones I can see) are doing well. Floating and wiggling in the eggs.

Hi! I set the evening of the 10th which is right around y'all. I got my 1st incubator, a used 2362n w/turner for $30. I calibrated my digital sensor it's on. I have 4 temp devices and 2 humidity in there. My temp holds within 99.3-101.2 for the most part, my humidity 40-50 though it has gone higher and lower.
Animals004.jpg

This incubation is my first experiment. I ran the incubator empty for several days monitoring temp and humidity.
I set 3 Wheaten Ameraucana eggs I was shipped from in state. I ordered 6 but the seller didn't have enough so she sent me the 3 for free.
You can't tell in the picture but they are a nice light blue.
Animals003.jpg

I've tried candling a few times and it mostly just confuses and stresses me so I give up. I'm just going to wait and see if anything happens. I've read that blue eggs can be difficult to candle and I must agree.
I feel excited to see if anything happens though the idea of more chicks this season sounds like work. Joyous entertaining work though!
I am planning to purchase more eggs or chicks from the breeder in the Spring. I'm excited about the WA. They are such beautiful birds.
Happy incubating everyone!
big_smile.png

-Cielo

Thanks and totally. I actually am down to one egg, I've been suspicious of 2 of them for some time. I finally just cracked them open and sure enough, not fertile, just like normal eggs. The one left looks like it has a chance. I'm not touching it till it hatches or until days after when i'm positive it won't hatch. I wanted to use this as an opportunity to learn about incubation and how to use my incubator. It has been educational for sure. I'd like the last egg to hatch but even if it doesn't, my project will still be a success. The next time i'll try and not use shipped eggs.

Back
Top Bottom